How to use afterlife to its full extent

So most of you know that you can use your afterlife to power on objects. These objects that you turn on are usually all paired together and one single afterlife can be used to power multiple objects at once. Once you get familiar with the map you start to power things in groups and push the limits of your afterlife. Im going to help you even father so that you can get those easy things done first.

What can be powered?

Well there are multiple things that can be powered up once in afterlife.

Switches:

These can be found throughout the map to power doors that can't be opened without power to get to previously un-accessible spots or get those much needed drops that are hidden behind doors.

Generators: There are 4 generators throughout the map every game that are needed to be powered every game. These include the three that get the piece to the plane and the one that powers the wardens key.

Perks: All of these need to powered once and only once to gain access to. You can choose to power them up or wait till you return to alcatraz from the electric chairs. Once you come back from the gg bridge all perks will magically be powered.

Miscellaneous objects: The one object that needs to be shocked is the first spoon.

Another miscellaneous object would be the code box. `

So now that we listed what can be shocked Im now going to tell you how to do some of these things effectively. There are a whole lot of different combos that can be used to effectively use your afterlife.

Different Combos

Well in multiplayer you can get almost everything done in one afterlife if you have a teammate that will constantly "revive" you. So I will not show that but once since there are a whole lot of different things that can be done. Here is what I'm talking about:

In that video I turn on 7 different things because I fly through the different levels of the cell block because of the height you can jump. I had my friend "revive" me and when I was done I actually had him revive me. But onto the different combos.

Once you start the game I usually like to see if the wardens key is at the wardens office or by the cafeteria. If its by the cafeteria I like to do this combo:

I will start by the wardens office, you will jump up, power the key, power the office, power speed cola, power the gondola, and power electic cherry. Here is a video:

If the key is by the cafeteria, you can still turn on the gondola and electric cherry and get the showers open in one afterlife by using a secret spot that can be found in the following video. First you will go about 2-3 steps into the hole that can only be found in purgatory. then you will look up and see the switch that powers up the shower door. After that jump up to the bridge that goes back to spawn and then jump up to the bridge that goes to electric cherry. Be careful, because if you miss you will not have enough time to finish. After you get on that bridge run and power up the gondola and EC then run back and revive yourself. This can be found in the first part of this video:

Once you are downstairs and into the tunnels under the cells, you can power up double tap and the washer machine in the same afterlife also.

Ok well lets get away from the cell area of the map and move down to the docks\

Well there are three things located down there that need to be powered. 4 things if you haven't powered the gondola yet. You can power up all of these things at once. if you hurry. Once you go into afterlife make sure the generator room is open first. Power the three generators then head over to the plane part. After that hurry over to jug and then get the gondola.

And don't worry if you messed up with the generators. If you want to go to the spiral staircase. Go into afterlife and run down stairs while memorizing the code. Type in the code and then finish off the generators and you should still have plenty of time to get yourself revived.

Lets say you got to the spiral staircase and don't have the wardens office open yet, you can get it open and do the numbers in the same afterlife. IF you don't trust me refer to the second part of the video above. All you would do is go into afterlife, go down and put in the code, RUN upstairs and get a perfect jump into the cage and shock the door open, then RUN back down and revive yourself. You may want to get douple tap turned on at this time also if you want it before you go to the gg bridge.

Ok now you have some different combos to help you in your solo game to get every thing done early, or to help you online if you have unhelpful teammates (either they die and don't have afterlifes, don't have mics to talk, or jut to stubborn to do anything) since you only have one afterlife.

Speaking of going down, if you do go down quickly access the situation and use that afterlife wisely. Either to power on some perks or to get a piece to the easter egg.

If there isn't anything nearby, cut your losses and keep killing zombies

A final combo that can help, is that when you get back from the bridge and you are trying to get your redeemer, you can also power up the first spoon in the same afterlife that you use to go get your redeemer. Just make sure you destroy that poster.

Again this is just a little strategy guide to help you set up your game in the earlier rounds. Make sure you don't waste those afterlifes ;) And a big time saver is to go to the bridge as fast as possible because that powers up every perk on the map.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done friend this is a big help and very useful. Shall we do a early redeemer guide?

I don't even think its possible to get it "early" anymore. I mean I know for a fact the earliest you can get it is round 12 solo.

Hmmm maybe a co-op guide by round 10? Possibly?

Well done friend this is a big help and very useful. Shall we do a early redeemer guide?

I don't even think its possible to get it "early" anymore. I mean I know for a fact the earliest you can get it is round 12 solo.

Hmmm maybe a co-op guide by round 10? Possibly?

its a possibility. Im going to play a 2 player game today and il try it out.

Same here man. It would be nice to get a game in with ya.

I wasn't able to get that two player game in, but was able to do a 3 player game. They really didn't listen and we had some problems so we got to the bridge during round 9. But we did hear the cue at the end of round 10 if that says anything.

But here is some proof from another topic ( I swear I hadn't seen it before this)

I posted this here http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #414458053 also.

I have seen many theories as to how to get the Redeemer. My friends and I found that our way works every time. In the last 5, 3 player games, we have not failed to get everyone the Redeemer. Here is our method. Disclaimer: I know other people may have other theories, this is what works for us every time. We had a theory about the order in which we throw the Retriever into the pit being tied to the individual noise cues you here and sticking with that we proved to ourselves that this works every time.

The other thing we discovered was that we never heard the "end of round" sound cue until round 10. We r usually at the bridge at round 6-7 depending on nukes.

Steps:

1. We go to bridge and do all of it there. 30 kill requirement, we found, is not true. We start with player 1, white, and he is the only one to throw Retriever until we hear his sound cue. Then player 2, until the sound cue for him, then player 3. Sometimes this would come after only one throw for each person. Sometimes up to 30 kills. No specific kill number though.

2. Once we heard a sound cue for each player, in order, we proceed to kill with Retriever only until we hear the cue at the end of a round. This ALWAYS happens for us at round 10, when we begin on the bridge at round 6-7.

3. At round 11 or the round after getting the end of round sound cue, we save a zombie or 2 and return to Alcatraz. We go to the pit and throw the Retriever in, in order, Player 1, 2, etc... This works FOR US every time.

4. You know what to do after the pit takes your Retriever.

Try it out, you might have better luck.

These people also experienced what I had experienced. SO yea the earliest you can get the redeemer is round 12