The Editor & The year 1934

"Speaking of Icarus, same old story. The Editor defaced my art scrawling nasty little comments on every page."

-Al "The Weasel" Arlington

So i was looking at some cool theories about all the mysteris of Alcatraz when i realized some...interesting connections and a few impossibilities.

So, to start, why is Icarus "same old story"? By this quote, we can decipher one of 2 things

The plan to fly failed (if you want theories on THAT subject, look around. They are everywhere).

or

The story of the nephew of Daedalus.

Let us examine the latter to begin.

Please watch the CAPITALIZED WORDS. These are important.

The story goes like this: Daedalus was locked in a PRISON on King Minos' island after a scheme he set up that resulted in the MINOTAUR. He had a nephew with him who was fixated on this idea of escape via FLIGHT (weird prison i know but so is all mythology). The boys name was ICARUS. They made wings and took flight. However, the glue holding together the wings fell apart as the boy tried to go close to the sun. He plummeted to his death.

So lets connect some dots

-The plane is assumed to be Project Icarus. This corresponds with the Nephews name.

-The prison was said to be inescapable AKA The famous Labyrinth. Alcatraz was a massive prizon and from the wa ythe map looks, it was pretty much a maze

-The Minotaur was the guard of said labyrinth. The warden (or Brutus) was the keeper of the prison.

-The idea of flight to escape rather than boat. (I couldnt stop laughing as i thought "SCREW THAT. FLIGHT IS WAAAYYYYY BETTER.)

Another interesting idea: Athena is the goddess of Wisdom. Supposedly, Daedalus was her son. Supposedly Children of Athena are born not from the womb but from...wait for it...

THE BRAIN.

Going back to some if Ferguson's quotes, let us suppose that Al is something close to "smart". If we can relate him to Daedalus, we can get to another conclusion:

However, few were as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates, on New Years Eve, 1933. Thought to be the BRAINCHILD of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind.

This "Project Icarus" (in a relation to escaping via flight) would be his "brain child". Just an interesting fact :lol:

Onto this mysterious "Editor" and this so called "book".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" And so it was here, beneath the dark and stormy winter skies, that the hapless Arlington methis grizzly end, bleeding to

death, on the cold, concrete roof. For their participation in the murder, the three collaborators were set to death by

Electric Chair. Justice came swiftly. On the morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out."

-Stanley Ferguson; Guard; Father of Timmy (or tommy...not sure.) (1933-1942)

So. This was an interesting thing to see. lets see:

-Electric chair at the time was increasingly painful.

-It was a dark and stormy winter sky...in January.

-Morning of January 19, 1934, the execution order was carried out.

I would like to draw attention to the 3rd one. To start, If these "headphones" are the "truth", then we didnt die via being eaten, we died by being killed on the electric chair. If you want more theories on that look around. Many peopel have them. Ill just say that there is a mystery here and i think it is close to being solved. My personal theory?

Afterlife mode is set in the past. Those holes and openings are from the past BEFORE the current prison. This can would explain why we need to be in Afterlife mode to get back to our bodies in the real world. Again confusing, but look around for more well explained theories.

Okay so What happened on January 19, 1934? Well the most interesting thing is...who was born on this date. Allow me to introduce the man born on January 19, 1934 now 79 years old. The one the only.....

Lloyd Robertson: EDITOR of CTV news.

So now we may know who this "Editor" is.

Or we can go for a more dark and sinister setting. The Editor could be the devil, making little notes and toying with these 4 lost souls. His assistant is the Warden, and in actuallity, the prison is hell and is a prison for the damned AKA all our current characters.

...Or possibly Richtofen. Or MAxis. Or Sam. Or some other demoic voice. Or Brutus. Many possible leads.

Another "lighter" idea is that the "Editor" is God. After all, he is able to do whatever he wants and write the whole destiny of everyone. Again, a theory

This supposed "Book" Could either be the journal we see in the beginning OR possibly: The Book of the Dead. It was a guide to finding the way through hell and how to handle the challenges set forth. In theory, it could perhaps used as a way BACK OUT of hell.

And to finish it all off, let us look at the Bridge in question. Specifically the Golden Gate Bridge.

From my knowldge of Christianity and Heaven and Hell, There is a "bridge" that is impossible to cross. No one has ever gotten out of hell. Let us translate this into our situation.

-We cannot escape.

-This place is pretty close to hell as most things can get.

-This "bridge" happens to be broken. (Mend the RIFT anyone?)

My point is the last one. This "bridge" is broken and Richtofen wants us to mend some Rift. This could be the connection. I dont know. It is merely a theory.

So to sum it all up:

-Connection with Mythology and Alcatraz escape

-January 19, 1934: date of birth for Editor of CTV news Lloyd Robertson

-Book is possibly book of the dead.

-bridge is the connection to Heaven and Hell

Thanks for reading guys! Took me a while to get all this but i hope we allget something out of this! I will be adding another part about the Crystal skulls later on.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are pieces of torn paper around the map, and when you put them together it is a superhero drawing with notes made all over it. Apparently Al was an aspiring comic book artist, and the editor of whatever comic book company he was trying to work for wasn't happy with his work.

Funny thing is, the drawing closely resembles real-life comic book hero "Shock Gibson", who existed around that time.... which has some striking parallels to this map.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31204

Your theories are interesting, but this seems to be the literal explanation behind the "editor" statement.

There are pieces of torn paper around the map, and when you put them together it is a superhero drawing with notes made all over it. Apparently Al was an aspiring comic book artist, and the editor of whatever comic book company he was trying to work for wasn't happy with his work.

Funny thing is, the drawing closely resembles real-life comic book hero "Shock Gibson", who existed around that time.... which has some striking parallels to this map.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31204

Your theories are interesting, but this seems to be the literal explanation behind the "editor" statement.

Ahhh i see. I forgot about that one!. Well that solves this editor...iguess... but still. I hope there is a darker and mor sinister plotbehind this :D