"Lost connection to host" help please!

Hey guys,

So I just finished a record run (for me) on Der Riese where me and 2 randoms got to round 25 and we were going strong. We probably could have gotten 30+. However on Round 25, my game suddenly froze and it kicked me out and said, "Lost connection to host". The worst part is, my round didn't even count on the leaderboards!

I've been googling a bit and apparently this happens if the host leaves or disconnects himself. It's not a problem with my internet personally. Is this true?

If it is true, is there a way I can host the game so that this BS doesn't happen? I also got this error message after a personal best run on Ascension. It's really annoying me.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

As Ryan had said, Black Ops 2 utilizes a new feature where it will try and migrate hosts if possible. I usually had this happen when playing on Farm Survival before the first DLC dropped. Now, I get it about 40% of the time if I'm in a full game.

It may have something to do with your internet, or it may just be the system failing to successfully migrate the host. If that's the case, there really isn't anything you can do to avoid it other than having a team of friends play in a Public Lobby with you. Even if you're the host, there will always be a slim chance that the server may kick you out because of someone else's connection.