Reason why Green Run looks like 1950's!

First thing is first: I GOTZZ MIEZ SPARKZ BACKZ!!! Anywho, I was thinking about te map Green Run and trying to visualise it, and randomly this thought poped in my head: Russians had complete replicas of NY in the Cold War. Tht was it! Green Run is a test site! It wasn't built in the 1950's! It was made to look like the 1950's but it had modern tehnology: T.E.D.D, power plant etc... And a different idea came in my thinking bucket: What if Green run and our new 4 located in it isn't a coinsidence! Maybe Green Run was indeed made to see how humans could survive an zombie breakout in an open area! Could this be true? That the goverment created special training sites for survivors?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tranzit's Green Run takes place in Benton County, WA, the Hanford Site. Green Run was the name of a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. As a Washintonian myself, I take great pride in their choice of location ;)

First thing is first: I GOTZZ MIEZ SPARKZ BACKZ!!! Anywho, I was thinking about te map Green Run and trying to visualise it, and randomly this thought poped in my head: Russians had complete replicas of NY in the Cold War. Tht was it! Green Run is a test site! It wasn't built in the 1950's! It was made to look like the 1950's but it had modern tehnology: T.E.D.D, power plant etc... And a different idea came in my thinking bucket: What if Green run and our new 4 located in it isn't a coinsidence! Maybe Green Run was indeed made to see how humans could survive an zombie breakout in an open area! Could this be true? That the goverment created special training sites for survivors?

first off great theory man, 1+ for the thought you put in,i dont think its right but good job! :) second thing,my names throwamonkeybomb and you stole my icon :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: lol jk

Although the Green Run test site theory has been beaten to death in this forum and is more or less confirmed by now, the OP gives me a better idea about the N4. Are they just test subjects picked at random?

I realize now that I know nothing of the N4's history and background. Perhaps we should be theorizing about that instead of the locations.

• Administrators

Tranzit's Green Run takes place in Benton County, WA, the Hanford Site. Green Run was the name of a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. As a Washintonian myself, I take great pride in their choice of location ;)

This is why Green Run looks like the 1950's - because it is. The timeframe that the N4 come in, however, is not the '50s but later years. In the zombies timeline, the government uses Hanford because it is deserted, hence government operations can go underway without any report of civilians. Now we fast forward to current time, and we end up having modern aspects involved with a vintage setting. This is why the zombies are also old-fashioned as well.