TRANZIT - Is It a Clock & Tie in To Nuketown (Theory)

nockscitney

Before I begin my rambling here are based on something I read on the following thread - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=29287. I would also like to point out that I have a good grasp of the back story as i spent 2 and a half hours reading the back stroy thread on this forum yesterday, so although what I post here may stray from the story, I would apprechoate people not shooting me down and telling me I'm wrong straight away.

And now, on with the show. . . . .

So I think most people will agree when I say that clocks and time play a great part in TRANZIT. Heck there are x number of clocks throughout the map all with different times on them. What however if we're actually running on one big click face throughout our time in TRANZIT.

First point to look at is the tunnel. We all know there is a couple of signs in there with the wording "day x/2 me" which many have interpreted as "Day Cross Over To Me". Thinking about this as a time on the clock, I can perceive this 6 on the clock as 6am would be considered the time night ends and day begins and 6pm the reverse.

So if you agree with / entertain the above statement, you can then conclude that we're moving backwards through time. Why you ask? Because the bus is traveling in an anticlickwise direction (I.e. start at 6 and moving to the right).

After thinking about this further, it links me back to another thread I read last week (sorry not got the link) which was discussing points that are banked. Players were reporting that if they didn't play for a few days / period of time the funds in the bank would decrease. Think about how a bank works. The longer the money is in there, the more interest you earn. If we were traveling backward through time we'd effectivly lose the interest that we earnt previously, reducing our bank balance.

So where am I going with this. Well what if the horn we hear on Nuketown isn't a bus departing, taking Marlton away as many think, but instead the bus arriving from TRANZIT. Once they get there, time continues to move backwards (the clock and the counter both tick backward whilst playing the map as we kill Zombies), until they eventually get to the period where the weird experiment happens that we see on the loading screen. They then somehow get involved in it and zapped by it, and it is this strange force that transports them to China. I effect, we'd be playing Nuketown moving forward in time (we know this because of the Moon Ee progressing, despite the clock and counter going backwards), but the TRANZIT 4 would be traveling backwards through time. We never meet Marlton, only hear him so it could work. I'm going to try and find Marlton's bunker quotes and reverse them to see if it makes sense / more sense backwards.

I don't know how else to finish this post, so plead let me know what you think. Possible?

---EDIT---

So just did a search and found this viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26236 where people are talking about street lamps / places and what clock number they represent. Based on what i reported above:

Bus Depot/Bus Depot Lamp = 8

Diner/Diner Lamp = 4

Then you could also assume:

Farm = 2

Power station = 12

Town = 10

---EDIT EDIT---

So was thinking about this last night when I'd finished writing it, the tunnel could even be 12 on the clock as 12 is the time of day that one day changes to another. If its 12, the clocks number locations would then be:

Diner = 10

Farm = 8

Power = 6

Town = 4

Bus Depot = 2

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

I understand what you're saying and it makes sense, theoretically.

The N4 are travelling backwards in time, or at least they're visiting locations retro-chronologically (is that a word?), but where does Die Rise fit? You've explained that Nuketown may be at the end of the journey, but how would that be if Richtofen gains control from the Moon, as seen in NTZ, yet the entire time our N4 our prancing around a world already destroyed.

So, I'm a little confused. If Die Rise and Green Run are leading up to NTZ, shouldn't the earth be in a different state?

Err, I hope I'm understanding you correctly when I reply to this.

Ok, so I'm not too sure about the backwards in time theory. I get the bus going backwards, but you can be in the fallout bunker yard while you here the horn, and you don't see any wild Marltons appearing and scrambling to get into it. The clock has a direct correlation to the number of kills you get, lowering the population, not time. That's how we could find that, if you have fifteen zombies left on the Nuketown population counter sign, and have "1 o' clock" on the clock, (also, keep in mind the numbers are on the other side of the clock,) we can activate the third song easter egg. Get it? 115? Haaa Treyarch.

Anyway, about Tranzit being a clock.

I think you are pretty right if you're meaning to include the other thread as part of your theory. I haven't posted it on the other thread yet, and I probably will in a few minutes with more detail, but there are exactly three fallen pylons going over the road. One on the way from Diner to Farm, one at the power station, and one on the way from power to Town. I find these to be second, minute, and hour hands. Has anyone else noticed this?

ETEl2NAL407 - In what I've posted in the OP, the tie in to Die Rise is the Nuketown loading screen. Now I don't claim to be an expert by any means and it may just be a nuke (not having seen on before I don't know, so if it is it would totally trash what I'm about to put) but what is the weird device that has the "electrical" type charges coming off it on the loading screen. Granted the "glow" is purple on Die Rise, but what if the N4 got to Nuketown and continue to travel backwards to the time before the map starts. They then get "zapped" and sent to Die Rise.

The other reason for putting my Idea down here is that on the Map Select screen for Nuketown it says "Where The Past And The Future Come Together". The N4 travelling backwards through time get to the point where the O4 have reached the end of their journey.

In reality, I know it's a very long shot and there are other, more concrete theories out there, but I just wanted to see what other people thought.

BAGEL_ - I understand about the clocks on Nuketown relating to kills, but I was using it as an example to backup my whacky theory. The fact that you hear the horn but don't see Marlton/N4 doesn't matter. There may be an "Underground" transportation network, which could make sense as you don't see a bus driving away from Nuketown. I seem to recall watching a video on You Tube of someone running in Town and hearing what sounded like an underground train.