Province 22

jamFMc

What is exactly a Province?

Definition of a province: A province is a territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country/empire.

You're probably asking what that means. Well to put it in one sentence: China's provinces are like USA's States. There is one significant difference however, when a country is using a provincial structure the central committee (the individual province leaders) establishes and all obey by the same laws. If that doesn't make sense use the USA analogy again, in one state there could be something illegal (I.e a drug) whereas in another state it might be legal. That is basically what a province is.

Province 22

(AKA Jilin Province)

- Latitude 40 degrees 52' to 46 degrees 18' N

- Longitude 121 degrees 38' to 131 degrees 19' E

Now this is where it makes no sense. In Die Rise it shows the "Jin Mao Tower" and a skyline of Shanghai...so why has Treyarch said that Die Rise is in Province 22 I wonder. Let's take a deeper look into Jilin.

Jilin's Technological Developments

In 1992 an area of 1060 square kilometers was turned into industrial zones due to the extensive amount of Molybdenum (used to make steel alloys stronger and superalloys) and wollastonite (Used for ceramic making).

Refined Chemical Products - Most likely fuel for automobiles. This being said there could be a possible link to the Sliquifier.

Integration of Photo Electrons - The Photoelectric effect can be integrated with image sensors via video camera tubes (this was used up until the 80's on old televisions). It was how a television would essentially display a picture. This could be linked with the excessive amounts of televisions dotted around the map.

Electronics - A direct link with the photo electrons and the televisions.

Medicine and Bioengineering - This is going to be pretty much theory based, the medicine aspect intrigues me, perhaps they tried to create a vaccine? As for the Bioengineering: This has to link with the "Advanced nova crawlers". I think that they combined the DNA of a frog with the nova crawlers in attempt to find a cure. Why a frog?

- Easily accessible due to China being the largest export of frogs

- Generically deemed as an animal for experimental tests

- Frogs contain unique toxins in which is 100 times more potent than morphine

Oh and the fact they jump around like frogs. But how did they get in control of the nova crawlers? well cast your minds back to those capsules where they were stored in on Kino, now go onto the multiplayer map "Cargo" if you have a fly around there are many of those capsules dotted around. This explains how they came to china, either they were sent by the person in the Nacht loading screen or by other means. (Bare in mind...it's just theoretical)

Another thing to add is that in 1998 Jilin's textiling industry began.

So it seems Treyarch has re-named Shanghai: Province 22. Bringing with it Province 22's technological developments. The reason for this?...Honestly your guess is good as mine.

Bonus Fact: The game Mahjong was rumored to be created by a nobleman from Shanghai

If you took the time to read this I thank you Sincerely and feel free to post anything about Province 22 in correlation with Die Rise/Shanghai :)

Bunch o' links

Provinces - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_ ... c_of_China

Jilin (province 22) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jilin_Province

Jin Mao Tower - viewtopic.php?f=147&t=28248

Molybdenum - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molybdenum

Wollastonite - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollastonite

Photo Electrons - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect

Mahjong - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

What i'm about to say goes along with what MurderMachineX said.

Right now (At the time i'm typing this) the U.S. is in debt by $16,765,675,000 most of it to China. :o

The Chinese population is so high, that the government has banned having more than 1 child. Because of this, the older and younger generations are getting farther apart, with the older people moving out of the work force, but then less younger people coming into it. Eventually, the Chinese will have very little people in the work force, and the government will start to lose lots of it's money. The Chinese government will then call all of the debt people have towards China due. Lots of countries have high debts in china, but none are even close to the US. The U.S. will decide to not pay the debt, as if we did, our government would crash. The Chinese will still not have enough money to pay for a war, therefore, there will be no war, from the Chinese. The US by now sees China as a threat, and wages war on them. China is left writhing, and screaming for help. The US can now take its place as the most powerful country on earth.

Because of the teleporter, time has gone out of whack. Things happen out of place in the time line, and things appear in places they shouldn't. This leads me to think that the Jin Mao Towers are appearing in Province 22, even though they aren't actually supposed to be there.

Everything above is mostly theoretical and probably wrong. It's just a guess.

@ODXStealth

Nice expansion on Murders theory! It's a logical reason for the towers to be there.

Oh, and bare in mind most things in the story line are guess work, The most logical theories are the one's that stick :D

Welcome to the site BTW, I see you're quite new