Persistent Perks: theory, test and misinformation

jimmy020889

Okay, so I'm becoming increasingly irritated by the morons out there that call the green puff of smoke Deadshot Dacquiri - it is not! Argh!

Anyway I've noticed that only when I first started playing did I receive this head popping feature. Quite frankly I would not consider it a perk as when I kill a zombie I'm getting the same amount of points except I get a headshot animation no matter where the fatal bullet penetrated. I'm getting insane numbers of headshots, headshot collaterals, high rounds etc. and I still don't have this back.

Though I still get these green puffs... BUT only for weapons I don't often use. For instance I've developed a recent strategy where I found myself always buying a M14 (not usual for myself), but now cease to get this smoke for it. Same with the M1911, DSR, AK47u, RPD, HAMR and when PaPd.

My theory is this... That these puffs of smoke are making weapons stronger; possibly ranking them; etc. So what if we got this puff with EVERY weapon...

I'd love some feedback on this and your own experiences. I'm now going to start mixing up my game plays and use as many different weapons as possible to follow this theory.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This has been brought up before, but a bit dusting won't do any harm.

Some people believe that the multiple green puffs are indeed "level ups" for weapons. You can get the skills with any weapon; it's a matter of meeting a certain criteria. Try reading this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27477

When the stated tasks are completed, you obtain the skill. Perhaps it's only triggered by completing the objectives [if you notice the headshot one, there are actually three tasks to obtain the skill]. I think the headshot one in particular goes away much faster than the other ones, so you can continuously trigger the skills within a set of games.