Cornfield

zombieman12

Does anybody have any more information on the girl and man laughing in the cornfield? I was in there today doing the Maxis EE and I was sitting against the fence waiting for the lightning storm to go over the cornfield. As I was sitting, I heard a little girl laughing. A little while later, I heard a man laugh and then the girl screamed.

My friend was actually creeped out by this and sat on the other side of the clearing and said he heard a pitter patter of the denizens. I checked and sure enough there was.

I was just wondering if this could mean anything or if it was just a cool little egg for fun.

Regards,

ZM12

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things like these sounds are nothing new. In Verruck we heard screams or patents, crying, laughing, in CotD you could hear some odd creaks of the boat and sounds of metal doors moving, in this map you can hear those cries and other noises. It's all for the atmosphere, story is moved along through quotes and obvious noises, things like these set the creepy mood and in my opinion they do exceptionally well. I also believe that the crying of the little girl is a reference to the children of the corn, even though it can sometimes be heard in other locations.

Anyways just great effects not much else.

Yea theirs been alot of talk about this. I get creeped out going over to NDU to get the handle for the Jet Gun because everytime I do I hear the weirdest s**t (Turtle Beaches). Nonetheless I dunno if 3arch put that in as just erry sound effects, or for a reason far greater than we can imagine....

Yeah i have TB X12's. I love 'em. I only got them because my X11's blew out. Oh well. But yeah I do enjoy the fact that they put stuff like that in the game. Makes it interesting and adds to the "eerie" atmosphere :D

Things like these sounds are nothing new. In Verruck we heard screams or patents, crying, laughing, in CotD you could hear some odd creaks of the boat and sounds of metal doors moving, in this map you can hear those cries and other noises. It's all for the atmosphere, story is moved along through quotes and obvious noises, things like these set the creepy mood and in my opinion they do exceptionally well. I also believe that the crying of the little girl is a reference to the children of the corn, even though it can sometimes be heard in other locations.

Anyways just great effects not much else.

Yeah I figured it would be just for some cool sound effects. But hey, you never know with a community-oriented company like Treyarch. They always add stuff like this in and half the time it has something to do with the story line in some way. :)