Zombie Calculator - Please check this out!

So I've just gotten into computer programming and decided that it might be fun to write a program that figures out stuff related to zombies. If you guys could check this tool out and give me some feedback, that would be awesome :D

Furthermore, if you really like the tool and can see yourself referring to it for actual situations, tell me, and I'll work on making one for BOII when its out.

NOTE: The program does all math correctly, HOWEVER, it does not take in to account splash damage, nor does it consider bullet penetration, so when the program says that the Ray Gun will only kill 80 zombies on an early round, ITS BECAUSE THE RAY GUN WILL ONLY KILL 80 ZOMBIES ON AN EARLY ROUND. That is, if you were able to manage splash damage VERY well.

Also, the base damage that I used for each weapon is the ACTUAL base damage times the upper body multiplier. I figured that was probably the most hit spot, so it was probably my best bet.

Credit for all of the numbers goes to Duckcall00 and his post: Zombie Stats

And here's the download: Zombie Calculator

(I promise you its NOT a virus or anything, and I would really appreciate it if someone could do a scan or something on it so everyone else knows its real)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What was this coded with? If it was C++, could you PM me the .cpp file? Very interested in this. I won't steal your code or anything, but as a Programming major I'd love to take a look and give you some feedback.

Also, could you upload it to mediafire? My anti-virus immediately thinks it is malicious which raises some concern.

EDIT: Alright, I took a look at it and the program itself is neat.

One thing I would like to say though is that I noticed you are using Visual Basic. Like its name suggests, VB is the most basic of all coding. If you want to get serious about programming, I suggest you start to learn C++ or Java.

What was this coded with? If it was C++, could you PM me the .cpp file? Very interested in this. I won't steal your code or anything, but as a Programming major I'd love to take a look and give you some feedback.

Also, could you upload it to mediafire? My anti-virus immediately thinks it is malicious which raises some concern.

Download was changed to Mediafire.

It was coded with VB2010. I actually just started coding in C++ recently, so I don't know if I could make the same program quite as attractive in that language.

lol and embarrassingly enough, I couldn't figure out how to actually publish this program, this being the first time I've ever actually wanted to share, so if you have any experience with VB and want to see the .sln file, it's open to anyone - no I'm not worried about anyone stealing the code or anything.

Download was changed to Mediafire.

It was coded with VB2010. I actually just started coding in C++ recently, so I don't know if I could make the same program quite as attractive in that language.

lol and embarrassingly enough, I couldn't figure out how to actually publish this program, this being the first time I've ever actually wanted to share, so if you have any experience with VB and want to see the .sln file, it's open to anyone - no I'm not worried about anyone stealing the code or anything.

Edited my post, mate. Give it a read.

One thing I would like to say though is that I noticed you are using Visual Basic. Like its name suggests, VB is the most basic of all coding.

Yea like I said before, I only just began C++ the other day. I'm a freshman just finishing up my intro course, so VB is all I know.

Thanks for the input though!

It's not virus but Why did you include entire VB code instead of just the EXE? Also The EXE is not working.

This. And also I used an external file and a graphic that wouldn't have worked had they not been included. I think... :?

One thing I would like to say though is that I noticed you are using Visual Basic. Like its name suggests, VB is the most basic of all coding.

Yea like I said before, I only just began C++ the other day. I'm a freshman just finishing up my intro course, so VB is all I know.

Thanks for the input though!

Yeah, you're welcome, mate. :) Just don't get too used to VB is all I'm saying. Hell, I forget how to even program in Visual Basic. It's been so long. :lol: