Changing assumptions ....

punkrockzombie

So yesterday i had a discussion with garnet lee (game journalist) and Dam Amrich (activision blogger) on twitter about a comment david vonderhaar had said in an article about multiplayer.

Article

http://oneofswords.com/2012/09/in-deeper-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-multiplayer/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+oneofswords+%28One+Of+Swords%29

The comment was this "There are a lot of people who don't play MP, and quite frankly, this bugs the shit out of us."

Garnet then replied asking why should we all play and the argument escalated to him basically saying if he doesn't like something he isn't going to try it, my and Dan Amrich defense was how do you know till you tried it. at this point garnet used a food reference saying if he knows he doesn't like that food he wouldn't try it again and i said because someone else could make it different from what you have tried...

anyways the discussions on twitter is not what I'm trying to get at if you want to read it i will link my twitter at the bottom.

What i am saying is it's about time we stop getting annual call of duty's because this ruins the perception of both company's when one of them makes a bad game, alot of people will assume this is the same game as Modern warefare 3 just rolled out with a new coat of paint, even tho Treyarch have done so much to change the foundations of call of duty, alot of people won't try it because they think they don't like even tho it is a very different game to what we have seen before...

So what are your views on this subject do you think everyone should try it at least once if they are going to buy the game anyways?

Are you a zombies player and if so why aren't you going to play the multiplayer?

do you agree that this franchise is only big enough for one company and removing one of them would remove the assumption that COD is the same game every year ?

Thanks guys and here's my twitter if you want to see the discussion from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/Moshpitmeltdown

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they will not stop annual sales of CoD. Its Activision, they will milk the shit out of the series until its completely bone dry. Look at games like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. They milk those cash-cow series dry even when they where both very popular at the same time. Now all Activision really has is Call of Duty and they have been just milking it year after year. Its all Activision really has anymore. Personally i cant wait to see the CoD series die just because it means Activision will actually have to work for their money again. Nothing against CoD as i love the series, but all the other Activision games are NOT receiving the attention they deserve. Example; Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD DLC was slated for september, yet Activision has their noses up CoDs ass so far that they keep delaying the dlc.

I'm going to get my moneys worth with this game & playing everything including MP. I DID buy MW3 and it really wasn't great & it was as if I was playing the same game all over again just with a few new features, there was nothing special about it which is why I think that IW need to stop. BLOPS II won't be the same as BLOPS with all of these additions but with the assumption that MW3 was the same as MW2 & Black Ops it's only natural for people to think that BLOPS II will follow suit.

So yes removing IW (I prefer Treyarch if you can't tell) would remove the assumptions, I believe I read somewhere that Sledgehammer games are making the next one, so we'll see how that goes.