Return to a border defense game

You know, the same style as Verruckt and Nacht. Not something where they spawn in from where you are but instead you're trapped in a building and your goal is to keep the zombies OUT. Black Ops was all too much "let the zombies in and run in a circle until you have 24 zombies then blow them away with the thundergun, scavenger, etc." Sorry but that rape train thing that syndicate does is for people who are bad at the game that want to get to high rounds. I miss the days of playing Nacht with 3 of my buddies and getting to round 20 actually meant something. Now I can just play any map and spin in a circle like a ballerina and get to whatever round I feel like.

Anyone else agree? I know my WaW zombie fans will.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go as far to say that people who train are bad at the game, it does take some skill to do so. Most of the random players I play with don't even know how to train, they just stay in one spot and try to hold out for as long as they can. Yes it makes the game easier, but the majority of players just don't know how to do it, or aren't even aware of it. Not everyone is like us here on the forums. Plus you also have to consider all the new players BO2 will be bringing in, many of which will more than likely be MP tryhards attempting to master the new competitive game modes.

Don't get me wrong though, the WaW maps had something that BO was missing, and I would love more than anything to have that back.

I agree that they should just scrap the entire idea of having zombies spawn WITHIN the map. They should ONLY come from barriers. That's why Moon sucks so much ass. Most of the zombies spawn from the fucking ground! In Shi No Numa it made sense that they spawned from the ground because the swamp areas were supposed to be dangerous. But on Moon and Shangri-La the zombies just spawn from the ground out of nowhere and ruins the game half of the time.

I'm pretty sure I posted here earlier :facepalm: stupid IE....

Anyway I myself train/kit and do find that it is a lot easier but because of kiting it does take away the whole SURVIVAL aspect of the game. Basically once you've mastered the map you run around until you slip up or just get bored.

This is one of the reasons why I think Treyarch are going with the whole 4v4 idea. That way you can't really kit and fight another team. You haven't got the time to do that, you need to get those points quickly.

From Kino-Ascension it was pretty easy to train the zombies around areas but COTD-Moon I think Treyarch are trying to stop us kiting (or reduce the effects) and trying to make the game harder with all the different zombies & zero gravity.

I wouldn't say that kiting/training makes someone a bad player, that's like saying rushers are bad because they run around the map or campers just sit there. It's a gaming strategy that quite a lot of people have mastered and I myself use a lot.

Mind you I prefer training in Verruckt and NDU where the spaces are small and it makes for a great adrenaline rush (for me anyway) and at anytime you can go down. If the maps do get bigger (which they are) I do hope something either changes to REDUCE the kiting ability (not to get rid of it just something to make it that much harder) so getting to a round means something more than just running around.

This is one of the reasons (I SORRY PEOPLE FOR SAYING THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN) I want luck and chance to be put in. You know like the QED. There have been many places I've put luck ideas up like Black Box, Luck Ray and a few game modes.

Yet again I'm not saying that kiting is bad, just that I think something needs to be done about it so zombies doesn't become a whole 'follow the leader' game.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that Syndicate or people who train are bad. I mean Syndicate is pretty good at video games and training does require a certain skill set. What I was really alluding to was that the ease of training does really even feel like you're playing zombies. All you really have to do is learn how to be coordinated enough to use the joysticks. I don't get why people say that George is good because he prevents camping. Sorry but camping in zombies and camping in multiplayer are two different things. Camping in zombies takes a certain skill set. Knowing when to reload, when to bail out of the place you're in, etc. If you're coordinated enough to use the joysticks, training is probably the most simple thing in zombies. I can train for hours on end without killing them lol

And yes, something was definitely lacking in the BO maps compared to the WaW maps. In my opinion, the Nazi levels (Der Riese, Verruckt, Kino (originally supposed to be a WaW map), and Nacht) are fantastic. It just had a spooky, Nazi 1940's look and feel to them. While the other ones were lacking in that they tried to make up for it by adding in Left for Dead elements.

My advice to Treyarch devs? Leave out the special zombies, make zombies spawn outside, make it a barrier defense game again, and play lots and lots of Verruckt and Nacht and get inspired by that.

Retain some elements but I do agree, return to some of the eerie nazi elements. Maps like Verruckt, Der Riese should return to mix things up. 935 remnants that survived The Giant's downfall. Or have old abandoned facilities. Personally I like the idea of having zombies spawning in the map.

As for training, I have done it. But I tend to just explore the maps. It may be suicidal but certainly makes things tight and interesing. Camping and Training are too boring for me.

A lot of people had a go at me for suggesting this but I think some of the zombies should slightly faster, they are undead enfused with 115 like our gang, surely they should be more faster or something. At times you can just outwalk them. But like I said just some of them. The Ai should also reflect each type and the enviroment, like with ascension.