Call of Duty : Eclipse Theory

So, MrRoflWaffles pointed out today that there will be an Eclipse on November 13th 2012, which is the expected launch date of "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 or Call of Duty: Eclipse" or what ever it's called.

The word Eclipse seems to play a big part in the advertising of the new game, it is shown on some of the advertisements, the game is currently listed by GameStop as Eclipse (Proved by strwrsbob who attempted to pre-order the game today, GameStop employee searched the system simply for "Eclipse") and the lighting on the character shown on the advertisement resembles an eclipse.

But I think it means a lot more.

There are two solar and two lunar eclipses that will happen in 2012, I've managed to link three out of four of these eclipses to the upcoming Call of Duty title, two of the links are pretty solid, the third is not so solid.

May 20th 2012 - Annular Solar Eclipse - I'm predicting this will be the day the world premier trailer goes live, following Black Ops footsteps, Black Ops released it's first teaser trailer on April 28th 2010 and it's world premier trailer on May 18th 2010, I expect this new game to release it's teaser trailer on May 2nd and its world premier trailer on May 20th.

June 4th 2012 - Partial Lunar Eclipse - Since 2010 Microsoft have shown the first ever raw gameplay of the upcoming Call of Duty title at their E3 press conference. Well guess what happens on June 4th this year? Microsofts 2012 E3 press conference, I'm expecting to get our first glimpse at raw gameplay on this day.

November 13 2012 - Total Solar Eclipse - This is the second Tuesday of November, every CoD game since MW2 has released on the second Tuesday in November and the previously rumoured November 6th 2012 slot has been taken up by Halo 4, Activision wouldn't want to compete with another FPS juggernaut on the same day, so expect a November 13th 2012 release date.

This isn't a coincidence folks, and if it is, my god is it a big one, Treyarch have thought this through and the word Eclipse will play a big part in the build up and the release of the game, can't wait to find out more on May 2nd.

Video Version:

-FpcU07ZMdA

Thanks to:

MrRoflWaffles

Strwrsbob

Sources: http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2012. ... 2012Jun04P

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid theory. I'm interested for sure in the implications of the word Eclipse, as well as what it means for the story.

Let's not forget that the Shangri-La egg was the product of an eclipse; time travel will obviously play a big part of the whole game it seems (if that allusion proves to be true).

A solar eclipse was regarded by ancient cultures as a bad omen or something of a supernatural soliciting. If so, we're in for a lot of crazy things.

Overall, this gets me excited. Eclipses erase the sun (light), paving way for darkness. Looks like we're in for a dark game folks. ;)

Honestly, I refuse to believe this is coincidence. I'm damn sure Treyarch have planned this out. It's so cool, and a real good headstart for a possible viral. I think we need to start doing a bit of digging on Eclipses around the Black Ops or Zombies eras.

Solid theory. I'm interested for sure in the implications of the word Eclipse, as well as what it means for the story.

Let's not forget that the Shangri-La egg was the product of an eclipse; time travel will obviously play a big part of the whole game it seems (if that allusion proves to be true).

A solar eclipse was regarded by ancient cultures as a bad omen or something of a supernatural soliciting. If so, we're in for a lot of crazy things.

Overall, this gets me excited. Eclipses erase the sun (light), paving way for darkness. Looks like we're in for a dark game folks. ;)

This.