People leaving game when you're host questions

Okay, so I have a couple questions that have probably been addressed before but not sure so I'm starting a new thread.

First of all, I usually play COTD with my wife - so we are a split screen pair, but we always play online. We are also often the host.

1) We got to round 33 the other day and quit because we'd been playing for way too long. Up to around 27 or so we had two other players with us but they died and quit. Because we were the host we got to keep going. Now the leaderboards do not show my level 33 (just shows previous high of 30). Is that because the other people left? WE always just assumed if we were the host we could just keep playing and it would record our high level score.

2) This happened twice in the same game: We kill George, I get the Wunderwaffe, and then something happens where I lose the gun but still have the power up symbol (death machine) on my screen. Also, I cannot switch my weapon, nor can I revive or anything else. Just like I still have the Wunderwaffe but just not the actual weapon. The second time this happened I picked up a death machine and when it went away I went back to my normal weapons/status. But the first time I was stuck in that crappy Wunderwaffe mode wihtout the weapon.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It will also record the score, no matter if 2 guys left. Records are only scored if the game ends by all players dead. "Host ended game" "Lost Connection" "Not enough players to continue" stuff will never count. You must all die for a leader board score.

2) Sounds like a glitch to me. But as you say, picking up a death machine seems a solution that works.

Thanks for the helpful answers. I'm disappointed that we don't get credit for going into higher rounds just because the other players dropped out.

No No, maybe I say it more clear:

You start with 4, and 2 leave. So you are two left. To get your score counting, you both guys, that are still ingame, must die! So that the end music plays where you see the stats. Then it will count! So even when 1 or 2 guys left, you still can do a highscore attempt.

The only thing will be, that it will say "4 players" in the leaderboard, just cause you started off with 4 players. And the leaderboard is made so that when there is a 4ppl and a 2ppl game of the same round, the 4ppl will count weaker.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the helpful answers. I'm disappointed that we don't get credit for going into higher rounds just because the other players dropped out.

No No, maybe I say it more clear:

You start with 4, and 2 leave. So you are two left. To get your score counting, you both guys, that are still ingame, must die! So that the end music plays where you see the stats. Then it will count! So even when 1 or 2 guys left, you still can do a highscore attempt.

The only thing will be, that it will say "4 players" in the leaderboard, just cause you started off with 4 players. And the leaderboard is made so that when there is a 4ppl and a 2ppl game of the same round, the 4ppl will count weaker.

Yeah as long as the two 2 people left aren't you and your split-screen partner.

My wife and I broke down and bought another copy of black ops so that we could play together (and as long as one of us is host) without worrying about people dropping out and screwing us up. We already had two ps3s so it made perfect sense :D

Hopefully with the next game we get some more features on this front and better leaderboards.