Undead xP presents: The Uprising

Undead

Chapter 1:

*static*

"Gentlemen, allow me to take this opportunity to welcome you group nine three five. This is a prestigious moment in the history of our race...

(panting) "OH GOD... OH GOD OH GOD!"

"You represent the future of technological advancement. You are the pioneers of human discovery. In your hands lies the destiny of mankind."

*running and heavy breathing*

"In our hands is a great power and with that power comes a price. You have volunteered to be part of this great experiment and with that decision comes the responsibility of absolute secrecy."

"STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM ME!? HELP!!"

"No one is to know what you do, where you work, what our research has discovered, or what our purpose will be. You will have no further contact with your governments or with your families. Your decision to fully dedicate your lives to Group 935 is absolute."

*trips and falls in panic*

"In your lockers you will find your field ops manual which will direct you should our manifest get compromised. We cannot afford to let this power fall into the wrong hands and therefore the field ops manual should be considered your bible. Make your preparations now. A new dawn is beginning for mankind."

"NOOOOOOO!" *sudden grows*

Marine Raiders Outpost, 1941

"Ah f*ck, you win again! Damn your shitty aces!"

"Heh, better hope your luck is better in battle, corporal!"

The squadron of marines camped out in the outskirs swamps in Japan. It has been a long hard two weeks, strong men who have been though hell and back, but it wasn't enough. It was just beginning. Captain James Rhoads step out his tent with an old notebook he always carried around with him before heading out for battle. Holding it tightly under his arm, he approached the table of marines playing card games.

"Clean up your shit and pack up your gear gentlemen, we're headed out." He spoke sternly.

Without hesitation, the acknowledged their order;

"YES SIR!" echoed in unison.

Rhoads walked up to a scruffy looking marine with a flat buzz cut, stone jaw and lots of nerve, smoking his last cigarette before the trip.

"Well, what the f*ck are we gonna do with those boys, Sergeant?" He sighed;

The marine turned, looking directly at Rhoads as he pinched and tossed his bud on the swampy ground with a smirk.

"Heh, their just boys bub. They got a lot of learning to do before they really tear some shit up." He grumbled.

"Heh, you've trained them well Sergeant, you've trained them well."

"Oh please, just call me Tank... And cut the flattery crap, Captain."

Rhoads made with one pat on the war veterans shoulder, and the two walked along with the rest of the squadron. The squad was abruptly stopped by some soldiers up front;

"HEY SIR, LOOK AT THIS!" He shouted as the Captain pressed through the men.

The men all circled around a small creator with a dark object lodged into to the center; it laminated with a fiery light.

"What is it, Cap'n?"

"Hell if i know Corporal. But we're gonna get it out."

"Move it, I got this!" Dempsey said, pushing though the circle.

Without hesitation, the robust soldier dug with his bare hands around the glowing graphite; prying it out as fast as he could. He got a hold of the illuminating geode; He's body and face immediately went numb as a zap of energy surged though the hardened war heroes veins. Vague flashes, light up his eyes as it made it's way to the brain;

"Hold him down! Don't let him break free, I'm running out of straps!" UGH!!!

"He... he's stable, Doctor"

"YOU BASTARDS, WHEN I GET OUT OF THIS..."

"Hold shtill! Zis vill only hurt a bit!"

The soldier fell back, fast.

"Dempsey, are you alright?! Come on, snap out of it soldier!" The captain yelled, shaking the paralyzed marine.

"I...I'm fffine, just need... to sit here... for a second... ugh!" Tank muttered, slowly sitting up from murky ground.

"Wh..what the fff ugh... What was that?" He stammered, holding his head in throbbing pain.

"It feel so real... I like I was.... actually there?"

"Just take it easy, we'll figure out what that thing is. But we gotta keep moving, Tank." The Captain insisted.

The squadron pressed on, taking a small sample with them. The rock continued to glow as a wave of energy soaked the unstable murky waters.

Suddenly, A decaying hand, emerged inches from the rock....

To Be Continued

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2:

Moscow, 1941

The cool arctic breeze layered the bricked streets and solid red buildings with a sheet of crystal frost, the wind of white dust blanketed the skies; Another typical day in Russia. The streets were scattered with smoking tanks and frozen corpses, not a single soul wandered the heart of the motherland.

There were several soviet soldiers hovering around a fresh buying oil canister just outside what remained of an old bar Russians favored just before the war. With the storm coming in, they were nothing but sitting ducks. But a little social drinking always seemed to cure that.

Soviet soldiers hung around the bar, passing along stories, injuries and old times. Nikolai Belinski, one soviet with a rough past though well respected and a fine soldier, was also feared. His closest uncanny comrades were quick to nickname him "The Bear". He sat alone on the island, gripping his mug as he blankly glanced inside at the reflecting glass of Vodka, took a strong gulp in sigh.

"Hey Nikolai, why don't you come an socialize! You could be dead tomorrow!" A soldier joked, sitting around playing some cards with several others as the all chuckled with him.

"No thanks comrade, I already have plenty of company" Nikolai quickly responded, holding up his mug with a grin.

With a passive laugh, he took another swig.

Commander Volk, a leader of the battalion approached the red soldier in a concerned, disarray;

"Nikolai, come. We must talk."

Nikolai, though hesitantly, followed behind to the back.

The guards outside blew on there hands as the rubbed them together.

"I am going inside for a drink, are you okay out here, Comrade?"

The other nodded, still hovering closely to the flaming barrel.

He muttered to himself as he looked on though out the darkened empty streets, as a blurry figure started to form a silloette in the distance.

The soldier squinted, trying to get a glance; the figure was dark and slow.

"HEY, YOU, STATE YOUR CODENAME!"

No answer.

"THIS IS A PRIVATE OUTPOST, STATE YOUR CODENAME!"

Still, nothing.

The soldier slowly reached for his carbine, shaking madly at the cold as he calked the rifle.

The figure continued to emerge, slowly but steadily.

"Fuckin, hell..." The soldier began;

"THIS IS YOUR LAST REQUEST, WHO IS YOUR LEADER? STATE YOUR CODENAME, OR I WILL FIRE!"

The figure was beginning to show a sharper shape, now speeding up in pace. However, it seemed to be injured; limping as it started to jog.

The soldier raised his rifle, looking down the iron sights as the figure continued to emerge. He was finally in view, his red arm band was the first noticeable article.

The soldier gasped; tightening his grip around the trigger;

Just before he was about to fire, a sudden groan was heard from behind him. he turned only to be knocked down.

"HEY, watch it comrade, You almost made me waste perfectly good Vodka!"

The soldier turned again, the figure was suddenly gone. Leaving the soldier, shocked.

"Here, I gotta take a piss. Hold these."

"WAIT, I saw..."

"Saw what?"

"N...Nevermind. Hurry."

The soviet wandered half drunk down the street, just as he stopped for a break, a grown was heard.

"That you Alexandar?"

He turned, a Nazi, completely frost bitten with glowing eyes stood right before him;

"AAGGGGGGGHHHHH!"

-----

To Be Continued...

Chapter 3:

Japan, 1941

The air was filled with the smell of burning trees, flesh and ashes, the smokey fog of gun powder blended with the thick humid dew that stuck to your skin. Insects infested the blood stained battlefields, barrowing in the bodies of the deceased. Many, fought to the last breath. For their land, for honor.

"General, no response from recon team. I am afraid, they are lost to us."

The Japanese soldier was young and small, but nonetheless, more deadly than most. These men were more than meets the eye, fought though many battles. They fought at close quarters, and always came out on top. The attack at the Pearl was just the start.

The general sat hunched forward, focused, concentrated as he studied the ground, contemplating his next move as he lit up his cigar.

"Do we have any leads on the American squadron?"

"No sir."

The general sighed, a cloud of cigar smoke screened between the two.

"They have taken out too many of my men, they will be stopped. Find them."

"Yes, General."

He placed the cigar back in his mouth, still focused on the ground. He slowly reached for apart of a cloth that laid tattered in between the muddy ground, just peeking out of the soil. It had an insignia on it, it was hard to make out, but it looked familiar. He brushed off the article of clothing; a cog with a hand was resembled. He glanced deeply at it;

"I know this design." He muttered to himself.

Suddenly, gunfire was heard, the sound rippled though the swampy forest, sending hordes of birds flying though the air. The general quickly stood up, several more gunshots echoed in the forest.

The emperial soldiers quickly took aim as they scattered for positions, The general reached for his Arisaka rifle, studying the dark areas of the forest.

"Steady, by brothers."

Two figures started to emerge, carrying a body; they we're friendlies.

"Stand down"

"General Takeo, I think you should look at this."

The general immediately caught disarray in the soldiers eye, walking towards the recovered corpse.

"What is this?"

"One of ours, General. We found him like this, alive."

"Impossible, this body has been dead for months."

"Our thoughts exactly, sir. What could make this possible?"

The general was quiet, he studied the body, then slowly took out the cloth from his pocket; the same insignia was burned into the corpse's skin, just below his ear.

"I don't know." He said coldly.

ZZZZZZIPEW!

Suddenly, one of the soldiers dropped to his knees instantly, blood flowed heavily from his head, a cold breath left the soldier in shock as he fell, dead.

"They are here!"

To Be Continued...

Chapter 4:

"COVERING FIRE!"

A sudden outburst of bullets rained across the fields of the swampy forest as men scattered to the nearest object they could find as ammunition buzzed past their presence, chipping wood from trees they passed and leaving dents just short of piercing though their bodies. Men started to drop left and right; It was a massacre.

Several kamikaze attackers ran full sprint with their rifles and katanas firmly gripped before them, headed straight for the Marine squadron.

"RIGHT SIDE, RIGHT SIDE! DEMPSEY, LOOK OUT!" Rhoads shouted as he flung an imperial soldier over his back and snapping his arm in two. The hardened war veteran turned, immediately clothslining one soldier and shanking the next.

"Oorah." He muttered.

"MOVE BACK!"

The squadron started to retreat into the forest, one soldier sprinted for an old pine tree, just out of view from the Imperial squadron; suddenly ---

"AAAARRGHH!"

The soldier slowly looked down as blood started to stain his forest green jacket internally. He immediately fell into shock, his hands turned cold and his legs felt numb. He stood, unable to move starring directly at the ground;

ZZZZZIP!

ZZZOOMMMP!

Two more bullets ripped though the man, he fell limp and cold. He laid right next to the first imperial soldier who died just before the battle, starring into his eyes, they both could do nothing but glance as their vision started fade, their lives passing before their eyes. The last thing they saw, was the rock sample, rolling slowly between them, then, darkness.

The rock began to sink into the murky soil. Glowing brighter than ever.