The Story of Words

Hey, CODZ, I came up with a story a few days back and figured I'd post it.

Enjoy!

Or not! :lol:

Might not be edited right...

The Story of Words

I looked out the thinly boarded window into the gloom, wondering why any of this had happened. My friends and I had been preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse, but only in jest. We would have never thought it would actually happen. 

It had begun a few days ago. The first reports on the news were covered as psycopaths, but the second we saw the pictures, we knew what we had to do.

We headed over to the nearest Wall-Mart and Gun store.

The world had fallen to pieces surprisingly quickly, and already was covered in an aura of despair, coupled with the constant stench of rot, a stench it was impossible to get used to.

My friends had died a day earlier. I had gone to our good old local gun shop to get more ammo, and when I come back, what Would I see but the faces of my old friends, their eyes glowing with the sinister light of element 115. I had put them down like the dogs they were, feeling no pity, no remorse. I had never liked them that much anyway. 

Three days later, I realized how desolate and frankly, empty the place had become. I was running low on supplies and food,(as most of it had expired).

I decided it was time to start heading out, and find a new place to hold out. One with more food, and possibly other people as well. I packed light. Some of the food that was still good and an AK-47, Along with a lot of ammo. Ammo was light, do I could carry a lot. About 200 rounds. (Along with my iPod, freshly charged of course)

I tentatively took my first steps out of the Wall-Mart, looking around the ruins of what had been civilization only a week ago. A heavy stench of decay hit my nostrils like a sledgehammer. It was even worse out here.

I couldn't see any zombies through the thick haze that covered the area. If one or two of them got close, I could easily see them, but I would never see an oncoming horde over the horizon. 

As I made my way through the wasteland, I was wondering whether or not to call out for people. Did zombie's ears still work? I decided to keep my yap shut. If I was lucky enough not to run into any zombies, I wouldn't want to screw it up by calling for people that may or may not be there.

I heard it before I saw the producer. A low moan, followed by about four more. 

It came from in front of the corner I was about to turn. But I stopped immediately and pressed my body against the wall. I slowed my breath to a crawl and chanced a look at the creatures. 

About five zombies were feasting upon a fresh kill. The body was mangled beyond recognition. It's eyes we're gauged out and half of it's face was torn off, exposing the yellow bone of it's skull. 

I couldn't see the rest of the body, as the zombies were tearing at it like ravens.

I pulled my AK up and aimed carefully down the sight. I knew the second I shot one the others would be on me. I tried to line it up so that one bullet would kill two. 'basic tape train tactics' I thought. 

As I fired the shot, killing two with one shot, a shotgun blast blew the heads off  the others. A man in a black trench coat and sunglasses saw me. 

"You." He said in an extremely deep voice.

"What?" I asked casually, more casually than I thought possible at this point.

"come with me" The mysterious man said. 

I laughed, somehow. "You think I'm that stupid? Who are you and what are you doing here?"

He turned away and started walking

"I'm not gathering survivors if they're gonna be a**holes about their lives being saved" he muttered.

"Wait!" I yelled, my true colors showing.

The man smiled without turning around.

That's the first chapter, anyway.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic