Almost a replacement for Griffin Station?

Hi guys, so here I am with almost a theory, but more of an inquiry. I was researching WuWa (voo vahs), and I came across this little gem of information. I then thought how it connected to the base on the Moon. What if Germany had completed this, and Richtofen used it?

In World War 2, many scientists including Hermann Oberth, came up with plans for what was to be designated a "Sun Gun".

This was essentially a huge reflective mirror positioned on an orbital platform 3100 miles above the Earth. It would reflect the sun's beams, and direct them to wherever the Nazi's pleased. This would include London, the USA, and Russia. The gun would also be able to boil away water, and oceans, effectively reducing the Allies power and resources.

The only problem with this is building the orbital platform. If the German Scientists could have made a rocket powerful enough to get 3100 miles above the earth to construct an orbital platform, then the Sun Gun could have been completed.

Hermann Oberth also would design the orbital platform to be a launching pad for other rockets, into space. Almost like a refuel and refit station. This would allow them to get to the Moon and Mars, therefore making a Nazi Space Empire. Iron sky anyone?

Well now onto the science. If this orbital platform would be completed, and the sun gun finished, it would have to focus the sun in order to apply the intense heat. Looking 3100 miles above the earth, the Sun's rays would reach earth and cast a 40 mile diameter across anything the Nazis focused it on. Because the Sun's rays get progressively cooler as they get farther, this would not be enough heat to "vaporize oceans and level cities". Too bad.

But now onto the other matter. If the Sun Gun did not work, and assuming the Nazi's didn't lose the war, the orbital platform would still be active. They could still use it for rockets. Now this would allow them to travel to distant places, as well as keep away from those nasty Allies on the ground. Chances are, to launch rockets, the Germans would bring in Russian Scientists, who would be sending supplies as well as other rockets up to the orbital platform, in a facility such as Ascension. In the mean time, Americans would be experimenting to launch their own rockets, to stop the orbital platform and hunt down the Nazis. They build their own at facilities land experiement, and go to the Moon sooner or later. This would also allow them to strike the orbital platform, hovering out of their reach. So then the Nazis get the the Moon and build Griffin Station, preparing to strike back at Earth.

The box on the earth is Ascension, or whatever, and the blue grey path is the rocket travel. The yellow is the sun, and the red box in space is the orbital platform.

Note that this isnt scale and that the sun and moon are not that small/big.

A plausible story line, but not enough. This is a cool tid bit of fantasy.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but me being an artist, I laughed at the picture ;)

Other than that your theory really intrigued me, I assume that this could be another place for the crew to go for, perhaps to look for supplies after burning through them on GS. They could also be trying to find a weapon to release Richtofen from his grasp of the remaining zombies.