Onesiphorus935

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time you're playing in solo - on round 1 have him grab you,

As soon as he has you, hold back on the left stick and slowly but surely you will break free, he will throw his arms up in the air and you're free to stab/shoot whatever.

Try doing this online when you're not host and you're screwed.

Killing him in solo is the way to go though, but when playing four player killing him on round 1-3 can be incredibly annoying.

That's not always true. It does seem like that though. It's funny because a friend and myself were testing this just last night. I was the host and we were both able to break free. It does seem to be hit or miss though and I think the main thing has to be with the timing. You have to do it as SOON as he grabs you, almost anticipating the grab. I also think that the gravity has something to do with it. ALL the times we did it with no problem were in low gravity. If he grabs you in an air lock its over, can't break free. We didnt have the chance to try it out in the dome with the power on though so I cant be sure. Also space is a factor as well. If he grabs you and your back is close to something it doesn't seem to work either. Once he grabbed me in low gravity but my partner was right behind me and I couldnt seem to back away. So what I've gotten so far is 3 factors:

1: Timing- you have to attempt it immediately

2: Gravity

3: Availible space to move

If anyone else ahs noticed anything relevant please feel free to add on. I wanted to get this down pact because that stupid Astronaut has ruined some great games for me. Good luck out there....

Interesting, never knew you could do that.

Could there be other factors that are preventing you from escaping? Like trying to do it in later rounds? Could be that it's harder to escape, or as stated before it could be timing too. I doubt that it's a lag thing, I'll be experimenting with this myself.

EDIT: Oh and that airlock thing makes sense, I don't play outside often. I hit the power, grab a hacker and hang out indoors. So that would make sense why I've never done that before.

Yeah Crimson, I just found out earlier this week that you could do that. I had done it a few times before by accident and wondered why he "let " me go. Then saw a vid of someone doing it at will. That stupid astronaut has grabbed me at critical points in the game( rushing to revive a downed partner, running to hack an excavator) so started testing to get away. Some say you just pull back, others say you hammer the A button too. Please test away, this board is for us to share our knowledge and make our gaming experience better.