Shangri-la Time Travel Theory!

Guest xeinpo

Guest xeinpo

This has been a very much discussed topic. I will be honest. I grabbed this theory out of thin air but i will still provide a bit of proof to support this possibility.

Now in Call of the dead we hear our heroes inside the room. Tank mentions "I hope we get something more rewarding this time, stupid Gersch!". This overrules the possibility that someone brought up that Call of the Dead is before Ascension (Well the Crew are here first). The reason people are so worked up about this is in Ascension Richtofen is wearing a space suit and the crew are all dirty but in the trailers they are almost completely clean and Richtofen looks newer than ever. So i would come up with the possibility that Map pack 3 is set after Kino der Toten but there is a flaw in that too. The Achievement clearly states send the crew to Paradise and researchers have showed that the name of the new map has a Nickname called Paradise and Richtofen mentions the paradise behind the door quite alot. This led me to one conclusion. Before i get to this i love ideas on why this can't happen but don't bring Time Travel into the question. No one here knows how Time travel works and it is confusing as hell. I will continue.

One of the Achievements for Shangri-la is "Time Travel will tell - Acquire the Focusing stone." I have two theories. One is that when the Crew went back in time, a former version of themself was formed for that Time zone. If you don't understand consider this. You get a tattoo of a dog then travel back in time to before you had a tattoo. Now as i said Time Travel is confusing but consider this. It is possible that a version of you with no tattoo would form in that time period. Same goes for something like Grey hair which we actually see in the Trailer as Richtofen's hair looks a lot newer. So it is possible that when the Crew went back to the time period of Shangri-la there former selves were recovered. Some may call this stupid for reasons such as if Richtofen went to Ascension for the space suit then he would just lose it when he went back in time. This is true but if Richtofen went forward in time again to when he had the space suit then it is possible (This can be confusing). What i'm saying is that the Gang might of recovered there former selves.

My second theory is crazy but work with me. Richtofen and Tank and Nikolai and Takeo have already fought zombies in Shangri-la. When the Crew go back in time they may meet with there former self. This can be contradicted in ways such as one of the Achievements is acquire the focusing stone which what would be the point of getting it if the future you needed it. One theory is you play a mission like in Call of the Dead and you must complete tasks for the crew who are locked in a room. My last theory is that perhaps when you get the Focusing Stone you insert it somewhere. This actually goes to where ever the Crew is in Shangri-la (The Future one) or something along those lines.

This theory is built onto Time Travel which possibly does not exist so some factors cannot be confirmed but these are two theories i came up with. Leave your thoughts below. Thanks for reading!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Richtofen doesn't mention Paradise at all behind the door. All he talks about is having the world and needing one more piece. You say Paradise is nickname for Shangri La. Probably is. But try this one on for size.

Paradise... Ranch. A nickname for Area 51. We know were getting an Area 51 map in the last map pack because of Hanger 18 so I think this is a good bet and predictable twist by Treyarch.

On your theory, I agree time travel is confusing lol.