Look what I found on teh webz!!!!

"One of such places is mentioned to be situated somewhere in the Makalu-Barun region where a new element was believed to have been discovered in 1945 by a doctor who passed away a week later without his body to be found anywhere all that was left was a small teddy bear." - Wikipedia page for Shangri-La ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangri-La )

This make Shangri-La a good candidate for a Zombies map? I think so...

Also saw this:

"The Nazis had an enthusiasm for Shangri-La, where they hoped to find an ancient master race, similar to the Nordic race, unspoiled by Buddhism. They sent one expedition to Tibet, led by Ernst Schäfer in 1938."

I will update if I find more :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems legit, although you can't be too certain about wikipedia. If this is true, however, how haven't we picked up on this before? I know the part about the Nazis going there to find a clean race, but seriously, we missed the fact of Shangri La meant Paradise in a different language, and now that this is found out, I feel like an idiot!

The second part seems true and I've heard before that the Nazis had an interest in Shangri-La. Howver the first part that you mentioned is all untrue.

In fact if you go to that Wiki page you linked, you will find no such information like you listed. It was most likely added by some jokester, and then removed by another Wiki user. A lack of reliable sources or reputable references most likely led to it's removal.

Wikipedia is not the most reliable place to get your info. Convenient? Yes. Accurate? No.