Accessing the 5th Lander Location ( Modding Discussion )

baltostar

this has been posted before but i just want to remind you all that when you glitch off of the lander and run on that building, there is an invisible door that costs 1500, could this have something to do with it, i know it's probably something that Treyarch was just too lazy to delete but it's worth bringing up

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 7 posts don't really discuss the topic of this thread. The topic of this tread is to get the lander to fly to another location, station 2. Not to get to another location in the game by glitching. Glitching around doesn't prove anything.

The game has to be modded in order to get the lander to fly to station 2. Not by adding a flight path, but by triggering a flight path that already exists. Even if its the starting location that we are flying from; the lander would then fly back there.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think there's a simpler explanation.

Imagine you are writing code, and the 4 lander sequences are just about finished. However, something isn't working properly with the lander 2 code. There are 2 options: go back through the programming and try to fix a major error, or just scrap it and write a new one.

I'm thinking the programmers just went with the second option, with the rewritten piece they used being designated "lander 5" since the lander 2 code still existed when they started, and there was no reason to go back and change the labeling later.

It explains both the absence of lander 2 and the presence of lander 5. I'm going to have to go with Occam's razor...

I'm pretty sure we've all already agreed upon this?

The point is that they may have left the coding for Lander 2 in the map information (like all of the unused dialogue that's been found). We simply want to see if it is possible to access and if so, where the lander station would have been.

Also, you guys should really stop trying to tie this with the node puzzle easter egg.

Thats what I meant: There almost certainly is no "would have been", it would just be one of the places that are already in place. There might have just been a glitch or error that was easier to rewrite than fix, with all of the locations unchanged

Ah, I understand what you're saying now. They just renamed one of the already existing lander stations right?

However, I honestly doubt that they messed up something as simple as path finding so bad that they needed to rewrite it all together. I mean it's between two static points. It's no where near as complicated as the zombie path finding, which has to take into account the players location and the constraints of the map.

If anything, I think they designed the map with more in mind, and then realized that they simply didn't work, either for a technical reason or just gameplay wise.

I wouldn't be surprised if it just leads to the non functioning lander that has been left on the map.