The Story Arch Thus Far, In My Eyes

*WARNING, THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE ASCENSION RADIOS, IF YOU HAVE NOT LISTENED TO THEM, TRY TO POSSIBLY...well....come to think of it, i'm not too sure how to avoid the problem....so you're probably just SOL...heh*

After listening to the radios on Ascension and other radios on Kino and whatnot, the story arch is becoming a bit clearer.

I won't bother wasting anyone's time with the German 935 Theories, we all know what happened there.

But, let's think back to Kino for a second.

Playing as Richtofan, I've heard him say a couple of key quotes that fuel my theory:

QUOTE 1

"Dr. Maxis would have had his undead army, if only he hadn't broken the trust barrier"

What could this possibly mean?

Maxis must have crossed some kind of line during his initial experiments with 115 and zombies and such.

What was that line exactly?

My theory, which I'll get into more detail in a bit later, is that somehow, The Reich found out about Maxis seeking help from Russians, whom were enemies of Nazi Germany at the time.

QUOTE 2

(Upon acquiring the Thundergun) "Oh Maxis, is this the DG-3? The DG-3 you've been hiding from me?"

Obviously Maxis had some outside benefactors in his research after the fall of Der Riese, likely a cause of the funding cuts. (Recall the Der Riese radio where Maxis is talking to Sophia about writing a letter to the Reichstag High Command) Maxis was SO obsessed with his work that he refused to give it up. So what'd he do? Something no Nazi would ever think of doing at the time, get his funding/extra research from an enemy of Nazi Germany, aka Russia.

Now where's the connection in all this?

Upon listening to the Ascension radios, Yuri and his boss (who's name I don't quite know at the time) made mentions of Project Thunder.

Sound familiar? It should.

Whatever these Russian scientists were working on, aside from the Gersch Device, wound up being The Thundergun, aka The DG-3. (How Maxis got his hands on/became involved with the DG-3? I'm not totally sure)

But working on a wonder-weapon style project, which was more than likely fueled by Element 115, would obviously come with some side effects.

When Yuri's boss transfered him to a seemingly lesser project, Yuri grew furious with rage. (Sounding a bit familiar? Richtofan/Maxis anyone?) The more anger Yuri felt, the more his mind faded, and his exposure to Element 115 didn't help a thing. His Exposure caused him to start seeing (DUN DUN DUUUNNNNN) teddy bears (one of the Ascension radios mentions finding a teddy bear in the labs), maryshka dolls (again, mentioned in the radios, if i'm not mistaken the first one, or second one, where you hear "Wh...is that a Maryshka doll? Who let a child into the *SCREECH*), and eventually Samantha herself.

Yuri's work with Element 115 was Samantha's opportunity to reach back out into the world she once knew and wreak the havoc she sought to wreak at Der Riese. (This part of my theory was helped on Ascension, when playing as Tank I PaP'd a weapon and heard him say "Who would have thought one little girl could cause so much trouble?") And obviously, she wreaked ALOT of havoc on the Russian research facility.

Why would this happen though? What does Sam have against the Russians all of a sudden?

Project Thunder.

Samantha somehow found out about Maxis's involvement with the Russians, so decided to punish anyone related to her apparently awful father. Her power was a huge influence for Yuri, who's rage and slight paranoia was enough to be the opening portal for Samantha (Listen to the 6th Ascension radio and you'll figure out what i'm talking about) but Samantha didn't need Yuri after her comeback. So what did Samantha do? Rid herself of another pesky Maxis related problem, aka Yuri. Luckily for Yuri, he realized what he did after Samantha killed his bossand realized the (Insert crazy generator name) thingy may be the only way he can break out of his limbo-esque hell.

Now, how he manages to contact our 4 heroes is still a mystery I have yet to solve. I also have yet to solve to a couple things that have bugging me since I started playing Ascension:

-Why is Richtofan in a different attire?

-Why do our 4 heroes look like they've been through hell, only to arrive and go through hell again?

(if you don't know what I mean, at the start of Ascension, all 4 heroes are covered in blood, and Nikolai's outfit is actually partially torn and tattered)

But, there's my theory on the story connection, comment as you see fit and all that other fun stuff, eh?

(Btw i never did mention my GamerTag in case people wanted to try and play some time, it's KAOS Shogun)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol thanks guys.

ya on that last radio though, I heard a voice say something about "Fire" that sounded like the demonic bonus drop voice (like when it goes DOUBLE POINTS), so maybe we're both right.

Maybe somehow, Yuri managed to suck Gersch into a Gersch device that subsequently released Samantha?

Makes sense with this theory at least.

And ya, how the 4 got the launch site is still a mystery to me as well, on top of why the 4 are all covered in blood at the beginning, and why Richtofan is wearing different attire and such.

I think your right but if sams back then dont you think the 4 heros will have to kill her once and for all also on that sam could turn into a zombie because she died in a teleporter where the zombies were made.

i think ricktofen changed clothes and the other are covered in blood cos they probably got attack by zombies but got in a launch pad

I really want to find the story so if you guys find anythings els that will be awsome :D