Mason's Life Theory :SPOILERS:

Faust

After watching the trailer, I noticed a few things (I'm sure you saw most of the things I did). Any who, I know have a theory of how Mason and Woods get into all these missions, and how that will play out in then story.

As I was looking at the list of missions, they all seemed out of order. Why blow up a city, only to go immediately back to Cambodia and Vietnam? Well, he's where my theory goes into place. On one scene I say Mason strapped to a chair, with an IV needle in him and Hudson beating the living hell out of him, specifically when it says "You will recall none of it." This got me thinking, maybe Mason was always being put through the treatment for Mkultra after every mission. This would leave no witnesses, and would keep you fit for duty.

I am sure you are familiar with the bleeding effect? After a certain amount of time with your brain being screwed with, your thoughts and memories start to mix in with the rest of your thinking. This would make it so you could be in a mountain killing Russians on minute, then you're back in Vietnam. This would explain "escape from the past" and "We need to bring them back." That gets me thinking that there will be two ending. MEGA SPOILER UP AHEAD!!!!

I suspect that you bring an end to Rebirth Island, and you think that thats that... Then you wake up. You could wake up as the procedure for Mkultra was being done. Mason total freaks and runs away (hence the part of the trailer where you're in a hallway and everything fells wrong) and grabs a weapon (The part when the guy in the suit is shooting a M16.)

You come face to face with Hudson, and you get revenge. That would certainly be a fitting mission for a mission call "Redemption". What do you think?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theories that I like are the ones that make sense. Your theory makes sense and deserves brains for the thought process. I never would have thought of a theory like that.

Another possible Spoiler. Enlarge to view:

The "Redemption" mission makes it seem that you (the main proagonist) get revenge for someone who has been killed by your "enemy" (the main antagonist). A colleague, friend, or a family member jumps to mind, but that is just me. Your theory holds up more than my random thought.

The theories that I like are the ones that make sense. Your theory makes sense and deserves brains for the thought process. I never would have thought of a theory like that.

Another possible Spoiler. Enlarge to view:

The "Redemption" mission makes it seem that you (the main proagonist) get revenge for someone who has been killed by your "enemy" (the main antagonist). A colleague, friend, or a family member jumps to mind, but that is just me. Your theory holds up more than my random thought.

... Woods....

So. Basically. How do you think the GKNOVA6 screen currently stands related to the game. Nice theory BTW. We will see how close you are, sounds like it would fit pretty well. We know for sure Mason knew of the past that wasn't supposed to be uncovered because of a certain groups secrets. Hence the reason why Mason's memory is being tampered with.

To add to your theory. Maybe just maybe. What we are seeing right now on GKNOVA6 is Mason looking, watching, observing, except after he has been controlled and his memories altered by this group. We see the scene of the GKNOVA6 screens with zombies, yet we see the same room in the SP trailer. What if this group is associated with Zombies. What if the NOVA6 Warhead that was once becoming weaponized wasn't the only thing that this group was trying to hide. What if they were also covering up / trying to learn more about the 'mistakes' from W@W we all know and love. What if Single Player and Co-op share a few common elements?

Just speculation. And Hudson. Sun of the Hud. He has something major to do with Alex Mason. Maybe this revenge we hear about is from Hudson dying?