Black Ops III Teaser - Do the quotes hint towards something?

So, I was rewatching the Black Ops III teaser the other day when it suddenly hit me. All the quotes featured in said teaser seem to be quite coincidentally link. They all work together and seem as though these specific quotes were chosen on purpose.

What if the quotes were chosen to hint towards something that will happen in the Black Ops III campaign? Treyarch are very good at hiding Easter Eggs and clues in plain sight, so could this be one of them? Perhaps I'm just clutching at straws here or shooting in the dark but it made an awful lot of sense to me.

What do you guys think? I made a video (below) discussing the idea and what I think they mean.

- Mr TEP Duck

PLEASE NOTE: I didn't tag my video to plug it or my YouTube channel. It was merely because I know I won't be able to type it all out without screwing it up and/or making a mess of things.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the quotes had been an important part for the BO saga since the first game.

I think they showed us the main quotes from the past games so we related the last one, which is presumably for BO3, with this game.

They usually describe what's the campaign about: Numbers, technology and now, a somewhat dark future. Like a merge between both past games.

They told us since BO2: "The future is black".

Welcome to the forum, btw. :D

Edited by JuggerWicho
Forgot something.

To be honest, I'd take it all with a heap of salt. In World at War, we got Intel, and its reliability was dubious. In Black Ops, we got GKnova6, and everything it said was so cryptic that no one ever got any consensus on what it all meant. So… I'm just saying, don't expect answers to many of these questions when the game comes out.

Well, the quotes had been an important part for the BO saga since the first game.

I think they showed us the main quotes from the past games so we related the last one, which is presumably for BO3, with this game.

They usually describe what's the campaign about: Numbers, technology and now, a somewhat dark future. Like a merge between both past games.

They told us since BO2: "The future is black".

Welcome to the forum, btw. :D

Oh, yes, granted, I agree - the quotes do give you the general idea of the previous games but even still it all seemed too much of a coincidence for those quotes to link together as well as they do, I though. Ah well, it's fun to speculate!

And thank you! I was terrified I was going to just some newbie that no one pays attention to. So thank you for the warm introduction! :)

To be honest, I'd take it all with a heap of salt. In World at War, we got Intel, and its reliability was dubious. In Black Ops, we got GKnova6, and everything it said was so cryptic that no one ever got any consensus on what it all meant. So… I'm just saying, don't expect answers to many of these questions when the game comes out.

True, but if you don't try you'll never know, ay? Besides, who doesn't love a good Treyarch challenge? Even if the odds will never be in your favour... :P