What "Eddy's Turn" could actually be

Ever since the DICE Summit I have been convinced that we are getting remastered zombie maps that may have a little extra content in them. By that I mean they may be changed and may have say different weapons. Also they could tell more story that couldn't be told. I have a theory, a very strange one about a map that I think is being hinted at to us. We keep getting bits of information such as Richtofen being erased in the Origins pictures or a new version of an old loading screen. I think this is alluding to the plot in Black Ops 3 and it will be a little different to what we have had before. Also, this kind of rectifies the Origins ending, at least to me, so I hope it does for others. Anyways I will lay out the evidence and then say what my idea for what this could all mean is.

The blueprint. Behind the Buried loading screen. It has the names of Maxis and Richtofen on it, as well as the date 1915. I think this gives us a reference for where something could happen in the past. Before Origins that could be the most important thing that has happened in zombies. The date that this is in and the characters that are confirmed to have a part in it fit with this theory a lot, without it I feel this theory would have less chance of happening but know we are at least getting a map at this date or linked to it. Also no it isn't a hint at Origins, that was set in 1918 and Treyarch aren't that dumb no matter what you say.

6dfddc325a4832d661753cf46ada6c1c.png

Next we have a tweet from Jimmy Zielinski. This tweet came after I came up with this idea and it basically describes what happens as a whole. The important thing about this tweet is that it says that the future will be changed, lives change and paths will be altered. Something big has to happen to change peoples lives. It also has to happen in the past to change the future so it can be assumed this trip is into the past:

f6e17b39d6d4d81c34e229350dd81927.png

Richtofen is erased. He was not in Origins. Doesn't make sense as we play as him. But from the twitter pictures Treyarch used before Origins and what they showed in the DICE Summit. It is almost like Richtofen was never there. If he wasn't in Origins that would mean that the characters lives would definitely be altered.

Remade maps, maps such as Der Riese and Shangri La have different loading screens. No matter what people say, that second Shangri La image has more resemblance to the 115 Drill from Origins. This is also a connection with this idea in Origins which may be important later. Or it could be something else. I can see bubbles though and since we know the drill is for 115, Shangri La is a good place to go for it. We also have s picture of Call of the Dead which is different and looks remade.

d8498d64cfb3e3a793f704c229c6ffc2.png95a308492c709b928e6f27e1e82775bc.png

A new map or an old one? There is a lot of debate to whether this is from a new map or a remade Der Riese. It could be from Der Riese as this gun definitely fits that futuristic idea. But it also could be a new map. Either way its something unseen and could potentially back up the Der Riese being remade idea.

fbc80742d0332bca1475d2d2a800efeb.png

An new 935 logo. Only seen in the DICE Summit and found on Deviant Art. Either 935 are being reborn, or things turned out differently for them when Richtofen was not around so this is part of the result. 

632f355c77fe1b4f56d487dc39d46838.png

The Origins ending. This is basically a fuel for the theory and how I think all of this may work out and come into play. Samantha seems to have been playing out the story and when we get to Origins, Richtofen says that the zombies eyes should be blue. Sam tells him that it will be his turn tomorrow. The ending is the last actual place we have been that is definite. To me, the ending no matter what it means represents something. They have these toys, memorabilia and such for zombies. No idea how but they have this stuff. I have already theorized that the ending leads on to Origins itself, I have a crazy way of explaining that but the main point is that before the story, there was a story. Basically my idea is that zombies has been told wrong. We know how Samantha wants it to be in her "turn". What we are going to get, is Eddy's turn. He knows what is meant to happen in the story. Whether we are seeing the story happening and made by them, or if it just happens later in their timeline. The important part is that there is a whole arc to zombies that is coming.

My idea from all of this information is that at some point in 1915, our characters meet. Before Origins happened. Origins is the Origins for the story, this doesn't take away from that because the events in this map can either set up the story in some way. Basically, in this map there could be a point where we get the chance to let Richtofen go into control. So why doesn't he go in control of the zombies? Either he has an advantage if he controls them at a later date or someone does not allow him to be in control. The reason Sam is wrong is because she wasn't ever in control, Richtofen was. Thats why the zombies are meant to have blue eyes. If Richtofen were in control, he would not be in Origins or any maps at all. He would be erased. Also someone else would take his place. For a start. the zombies wouldn't be released and Maxis would not die as Richtofen says he unleashed the zombies. Maxis would be alive in this timeline. Richtofen influenced a lot of the story. Der Riese and Shangri La being no exceptions. 935 may also go in a new direction. With no one to helm the Wunder Weapon program, who knows what 935 would be like? The biggest thing here is that the characters lives would be changed. Their paths would be altered and where they go is unknown to me. 

Anyways that is the basis to my theory. I am not saying it is fact and obviously all of this could be separate but I think its an interesting idea that we have not been told zombies right and that a point exists where the whole story could be different. Also this kind of rectifies the Origins ending in a way as it all lead up to something. I hope they go in a direction like this, its better than just continuing a story in a linear, or technically circular way. Tell me what you think anyways, I think that this idea can't exactly be proven right or wrong but when we get the zombies reveal I can't wait to see where my theory at least stands. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

If Richtofen were in control, he would not be in Origins or any maps at all. He would be erased. Also someone else would take his place. For a start. the zombies wouldn't be released and Maxis would not die as Richtofen says he unleashed the zombies. Maxis would be alive in this timeline.

​Interesting. If you're on the right track, this (and it has always fascinated an baffled me) may be a huge chunk of intel:

"Log Entry: 1471
Date: September 2nd, 1945
Dear diary,
Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. Even after he was given a bath and deloused twice. I think I might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr. Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think of the experiments on the little girl. (Edward laughs then a monkey screech is heard.) Nein (No in German)! Drop that! That's my spleen! Mine!
"
— Richtofen
"Log Entry: 1475
Date: October 1st, 1945
Dear diary,
(static) As for the control group tests, they have been put on hold. Recently I discovered that Doctor Maxis has not been mass producing the DG-2 as he swore he would. If he won't move those plans forward, then I won't continue following his dream of an undead army! He doesn't deserve his perch of power! He doesn't know what to do with it, but I know just what to do with him... and I'll take care of that little brat when I get the chance too...
"
— Richtofen
Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • 2 weeks later...