ABY/// FILE ACCESS GRANTED///WORM PROTOCOL FIREWALL

ENABLED/FILE ERASED///

PLNB Transmission XX087R-XX

Encryption Code: Hotel

Public Key: N/A

To: CODE NAME- DENTIST

Subject: International Space Station

Date:MAY 15 2027

Classification: TOP SECRET-EYES ONLY-(SECTION THREE X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

February 14 2027-Dropship known only as "Old Betty" encountered a strange rock floating in space. They reported it as "glowing, red and orange, the most beautiful thing they've seen to date". Naturally, it was collected by the Dropship and deposited at the International Space Station for further analysis and study. They brought it aboard and put it in the lab. Hopefully the military can gain something from it.

February 19 2027-After some days of study we have concluded that it is indeed natural UnunPentium. Where did the Element 115 come from? As far as our government knows, it is a synthetic element only created within labs. But...it had to come from somewhere. But where? The rock seems to have electrical properties. We attached some wires to it and they fried almost immediately. I will have to look into getting some stronger ones later.

February 24 2027-We attached a small piece of the rock to a generator. The rock powered it so much, there was an electrical surge or something and it killed 8 of the crew. I am saddened by this, and there is nowhere to deposit the bodies. Until we go back down...well, they will be put in the lower storage levels. In the meantime, I will write down what happens when you apply it to the human body...

February 27 2027-This rock is extraordinary, magnificent. It has properties unlike what we have seen before. If one country harnessed this power...no no I must not say such things. I've been up here for quite a while. And the American astronauts have no doubt contacted the president with this new discovery. Blast. I applied the rock's energy to a live human subject, Robert Callaway. The effects were nothing like I could have imagined. His body literally glowed with energy, exceeding our polarized faceplates and blinding us momentarily. When we turned back, he was not but an empty husk, a burnt out shell. Too bad.

March 3 2027- It is hard to find time between all of this testing to write or type down my thoughts. I shall find out for myself what happens when it comes in contact with skin...and not just a piece. The whole rock.

March 24 2027- The voices....they are calling to me....they tell me to kill and to sleep.....no...I shan't give in he who controls the rock controls the world. Dah! What am I saying!? Ever since I touched that odd rock I've been questioning my sanity. No no sireee I'm perfectly fine. I assure you, this rock will get down to earth in due time. That reminds me, some bastard Russian tried to take a piece of that rock! MY ROCK.

March 30 2027- A huge chunk of rock slammed the space station today. I have a bruise, but the voices tell me I will survive to carry out the task. The lab was on the side that was hit. All of our work, lost. Good men are lost as well. And more than 3 quarters the rock is now in space. The voices in me tell me I can still carry the task. I can still do it. I will take the pieces to the holy shrine and we shall be vic-.

April 16 2027- Ahaha what a thrill. I take the rocks to the lower level now, to the bodies accumulated through these space "accidents". Hopefully this is the last task I must do. I am not getting sleep these days because the voices in my head keep talking and I can hear them now. The rock is hot in my coat pocket. I have a laptop now. They sent it from Germany.

April 17 2027- The voices instructed me to place the rocks next to the body bags. They glow and rattle a bit on the metal floor, I do not know why. My scientific deduction skills have long gone since my youth. One of the astronauts caught me putting the rocks next to them.

He says: "You bastard! Murderer!"

So I push him out airlock. No problem, problem solved. They don't realize I do this because it is orders, it is the voices!I like the way his skin turns blue and his eyes just roll up. How he chokes and thrashes like a fish in the Reichenbachen Falls.

He dies shortly.

April 19 2027- The astronauts lock me up on account of murder. They let me keep laptop. Some Chinese see me push him out of airlock. They keep me in a tiny cell, so so tiny. I can hardly move! But I enjoy the solitude sometimes. The test should start very soon....very soon.

April 21 2027- I can hear them! My children! Voices how I thank you for giving me this opportunity! The several dead men now reanimated by the rock, yes this was my hypothesis, will free me in due time. At the moment, I am watching as a guard's throat is ripped out by one of the dead. The bloody is in my cage and I don't like it.

April 27 2017- Some German scientist finally let me out. He ran past the cells, screaming, and saw me. Then he produced a key and opened it. I lunged him, tearing open his throat with metal fillets under my fingernails. Easy meat for the dead. I must get to the Dropship, I must.

May 1 2027-After days of hiding I find a power plug, and therefore I am able to type this to you without dying. They are everywhere now. I do not know how, but all of them have most certainly seen the disease. I did this. I feel proud of myself. Goodbye, there is the Dropship.

May 2 2027- I am in the Dropship now, powering up the engines. My children cannot come with me, the voices told me. They tell me 'say goodbye" so I do. I turn back, ready to go back down to Earth with the precious cargo when I-hold on. There is noise. I don't like noise.

*footsteps*

Hello? Anyvan zere?

*growl*

Oh it's van of you! Come in come in

*howl*

Aghhhhh! VAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!

*munching sound*

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Must.....self....detonate....station.....*scream*

//END

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

At first i was a bit sceptical of the style that this story is written as I have never really liked the use of what would best be decribed as logg books because they can be a little to methodical and so confusing. How this is written however is much more like a diery explaning the seperate steps as they proceed.

Although I do think it is an exerlent peice of writing I do think more detail about emotins could be added as it is the emotions of the characters that draw people in that show what kind of people they are. As i said though an amazing peice of writing that i did enjoy.

-Flareon

I see what you mean Flareon, thank you for commenting and posting some constructive criticism. If you want the truth, I wrote this on the spot and by impulse, I did not plan anything out. I don't think I even thought about the character, as he is writing on his laptop/recording it in audio files or something. Ha, I have no idea. But thanks for the advice and I will take it to heart!

Note to self: More inner character conflicts and self-reflection