The Ancient Staffs will return

"The ancient texts describe an artifact known to them as the Amplification Rod.  It is my firm belief this item is instrumental to harnessing the energy of the Elemental stones.  Unfortunately, neither the rod, nor the stones, have been recovered from any of our dig sites.  I feel we must push forward regardless.  As such, I have drawn up plans to create replica rods based on the descriptions from the main chamber.  I will instruct Richtofen to begin fabrication immediately."

We played with replicas in Origins! I just think it's an exciting thought that we will most likely play with the real things next map. That's all.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I could definitely see this happening. I imagine they would have to be pretty majorly different from the origins Staves since we've already played them to death. But the writing has been on the wall (literally in some cases) that they must be coming back. On SoE we see on the wall mural they wield the staves, and in the original Primis picture from Origins. If DLC 4 is taking place in The Great War between the Apothicons and Keepers as predicted, then I think we will certainly see the staves.

My question is, how would they function differently? The Origins staves were already super powerful, so these would have to be either borderline OP or completely new elements altogether. But then again why would Maxis make replicas with different elements? Unless the elements of the original staves detailed were unobtainable at the time so they were substituted for Ice, Wind, Fire, and Lightning.

Archived