Cthulhu, The Deep Ones, & Mi-Go

CTHULHU

image.jpeg.3f5955863c774c939f800ab5ff393There is an entity that wishes to do evil and become a source of constant anxiety for mankind at a subconscious level. Hiding in a underwater city it preys on those in many human religions located in places like Louisiana, New Zealand, the Chinese mountains. Lovecraitian monster Chluolou.

There are to types the Deep Ones and Mi-Go. Also I provide links so that you may look deeper and perhaps bring other possibilities to the community table!

Deep Ones

The backstory of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" involves a bargain between Deep Ones and humans, in which the aquatic species provides plentiful fishing and gold in the form of strangely formed jewelry. In return, the land-dwellers give human sacrifices and a promise of "mixing"—the mating of humans with Deep Ones. Although the Deep One hybrid offspring are born with the appearance of a normal human being, the individual will eventually transform into a Deep One, gaining immortality—by default—only when the transformation is complete.

"I think their predominant color was a greyish-green, though they had white bellies. They were mostly shiny and slippery, but the ridges of their backs were scaly. Their forms vaguely suggested the anthropoid, while their heads were the heads of fish, with prodigious bulging eyes that never closed. At the sides of their necks were palpitating gills, and their long paws were webbed. They hopped irregularly, sometimes on two legs and sometimes on four. I was somehow glad that they had no more than four limbs. Their croaking, baying voices, clearly used for articulate speech, held all the dark shades of expression which their staring faces lacked ... They were the blasphemous fish-frogs of the nameless design - living and horrible."

The "Mi-Go"image.jpeg.cf66e30023ab4128752af7132b4c6 are large, pinkish, fungoid, crustacean-like entities the size of a man; where a head would be, they have a "convoluted ellipsoid" composed of pyramided, fleshy rings and covered in antennae. According to two reports in the original short story, their bodies consist of a form of matter that does not occur naturally on Earth; for this reason, they do not register on ordinary photographic film. They are capable of going into suspended animation until softened and reheated by the sun or some other source of heat. They are about five feet (1.5 m) long, and their crustacean-like bodies bear numerous sets of paired appendages. They possess a pair of membranous bat-like wings which are used to fly through the "aether" of outer space (a scientific concept which is now discredited). The wings do not function well on Earth. Several other races in Lovecraft's Mythos also have wings like these. The Mi-go can transport humans from Earth to Pluto (and beyond) and back again by removing the subject's brainand placing it into a "brain cylinder" as an isolated brain, which can be attached to external devices to allow it to see, hear, and speak.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Not a bad thread, @RequixEclipse! But is there any way that you could reformat it a bit so it's cleaner and easier to read? Also, while there's a lot of information here, you could also bring in the map and characters that you're trying to connect it with to give the readers a better understanding of your overall point :)

All in all, good information here, just tie it in!

2 minutes ago, Tac said:

Not a bad thread, @RequixEclipse! But is there any way that you could reformat it a bit so it's cleaner and easier to read? Also, while there's a lot of information here, you could also bring in the map and characters that you're trying to connect it with to give the readers a better understanding of your overall point :)

All in all, good information here, just tie it in!

You bet I can @Tac I apologize! I was trying to type this on my IPhone and will update the OP shortly when I arrive at my desktop lol ?