Der Rise Easy Guide

Mr. Jay

Hi, it's the boring guy.

I'm inspired to do a simple Der Riese execution guide. Some people have the skills to route and loop, but lack a few basic tips to make life very simple. Remember, I'm not claiming expertise or trashing your game, I'm trying to remind you some basic strategy.

Here is my basic dummie's Der Riese strategy guide.

First few rounds

Maximize your points game. Use your pistol, build windows, take all drops except for nuke. Pick a route to power, and leave the other side closed. I personally prefer going thru the trench gun side, for two reasons.

A. In intend on looping the Thompson room eventually, and having the door closed between spawn and Thompson room is crucial.

B. If you are on top of the Thompson room and both doors are closed, zombies only come thru that window. It's an easy and safe way to navigate thru the first 10-15 rounds.

After Turning power

Some people prefer the back door from power closed, I open it ASAP for Bowie knife. Afterwards I use the above mentioned strategy to get thru the lower teen rounds. I know most people like to leave that door closed and camp there. Trust me, it's slower and more risky.

PAP

At some time between 15-20, you are ready to open all doors for PAP. After doing so, you are ready for your final long game run.

Two options:

If you plan on running separate trains, u suggest one run Thompson and one run STG. From the Thompson room the top debris and the door to spawn should be open. If the STG guy goes down, Thompson guy needs to just wait 15 seconds to wait for zombies to come toward the Thompson room, and simply head upstairs and run to STG. If Thompson guy goes down, STG guy waits 20 seconds for zombies to run toward you, and head into the teleporter. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Option 2, and my preference, camping together.

If you leave the top door closed from the Thompson, one guy can run loop and the other can simple "hang out" by either Mule Kick, by the top steps, or watch the back window in the fume room. One guy gets all the attention, the other guy simply kills zombies. It's faster and more efficient. Just avoid making crawlers.

A few more simple tips:

If you happen to go down, for god sakes please stop shooting. Rounding up all 24 zombies and luring them away is much much easier and safer than blasting your ray gun and hope for the best.

Don't take carpenter, the higher the round the more dangerous it is when they are coming at you in tight groups.

Avoid crawlers. You will make a few here and there, but make it your priority to eliminate them immediately to avoid them clogging your route.

The hidden camper needs to lay low. Stay away from zombies' attention and blast from a distance.

I have been to 34, 35, and 37 using the above strategy in less than two hours. One game lasted a tad over an hour. It's definitely easy and quick.

Thanks for reading. I'm doing this guide because I feel many people still could use some help to further advance their game.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice guide and thank you for the tips.  I was a late zombie bloomer and never really got into the older maps till now so seeing write up's like this is always entertaining.  Couple of questions since I'm not that familiar with the map yet, what do you feel is the best gun for the long range gunner who is holding back and the best for the one training the zombies?  Also what's the best PAP wall weapon in your experience?

When I play it is mostly solo but when I play co-op my only option is a very new and inexperienced person (farm round 15 is her highest).  She does become very excited when hoping to do high rounds so I'm wondering if I wasn't worried about being fast paced then what's the safest strategy to get to round 20?  My first initial thought was near power with the back door closed but that space becomes extremely tight when they start to overrun and two people can't train there safely.  Any suggestions?

Thank you for reading and commenting.

If you do my prefered strategy, with the top door closed in the Thompson room:

Runner needs to have ray gun ready while running, especially when going toward the trap from the steps. What get me from time to time is when zombies come in groups, thus I say avoid taking carpenter.

When doing continuous loops, you need to identify zombie spawning points.

For example, if you run the Thompson with top door closed, and the door to spawn closed. That means they only come through the main entrance, the middle window, and the back window in the fume room. When you loop, never shoot zombies while backing into those three spots, unless you know you have all 24 zombies present. So basically I would round them up initially without killing any, until I have close to a full 24 hoard, then start killing maybe 10-15, and wait for new ones to spawn. What that does is limit the number of new zombies coming at you, thus limiting your chance of surprise downs. With the Thompson available, use that as your main killing weapon as the runner.

As the hidden camper, any AR would do, including the Thompson. If I have an experienced runner, I blast away with my beloved Mustang and Sally, but leave few crawlers.

One last thing I want to say. Often I struggle to advance past 20s on a certain map. Then I change a few minor details, and just like magic I easily get to mid 30s. If you can get set up and run basic routes, your game is solid. You just need to identify your weakness and why you go down, avoid those situations, and you will see results quickly.

Good luck.

P.S. I can show you in game if you are on PSN.