Origins: In Perspective

This is the first in a set of posts I will be uploading where I put maps into perspective and say good things about them that to me worked. You can completely disagree with them but it is my opinion.

Near the end of the Great War a group named 935 were excavation for a mysterious element named 115. In Northern France they uncovered a large quantity of 115 and set up a base there. They then dug into the mound but found undead zombies who had links to the Templar's and the Black Sun. The zombies infected the 935 members and turned them zombies. As the ravaged the front lines the lead scientist, Ludvig Maxis, was driven to insanity by a mysterious girls voice. He eventually was infected and died, leading a younger scientist who he was close with, Edward Richtofen, to remove his brain and preserve it. As this happened an Agent from Japan, Soldier from Russia and Marine from America met in the same bunker he had been operation on Maxis in. These men were our characters meeting for the first time, fresh and young compared to how we knew them.

That is how it started now I am going to talk about other things that I thought were good.

While fighting the undead our heroes found a box which could bring weapons from the future and past into it. They also uncovered the Ancients who had once wielded the staffs which Maxis had recreated. Their names were Boreas, Ull, Kimat and Kagusutchi. They beared a striking resemblance to our original characters too which was yet another new mystery to be uncovered. On top of that a little girl was crying out for help, she wasn't even meant to exist yet and was almost trying to make herself exist which added a brilliant twist to our storyline. The generators were an okay edition but I dont want them to return in another map unless it is less generators.

Whilst fighting the zombies we meet the Panzer Soldat. He can either be an easy boss to fight or if you arent in a good place then it can be the most difficult enemy to face. Then we see 3 Giant Robots roaming the land which leaves yet again more mysteries. As we finally save Maxis he is put in a Quadrotor adding on more mysteries to zombies which made me pretty happy. We can survive using a Tank and a new utility known as 'Der WunderFizz' which in my opinion will return at some point. To free Samantha we have to journey to "The Crazy Place" another realm which when I first saw it made me freak out.

I did not exactly feel happy about the ending just because it wasn't what I wanted. I think it should have been a hint at there next map but I guess it is implied with the fact that the story goes in a full circle and such.

This was just me saying what I think worked in Origins feel free to say what you think worked and what didnt.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic