Inception: Twen-Tia Five

Hey there CoDz, this is going to be a short story about my character in the Inception Roleplaying Story, Tia Rydia. If you haven't read all 3 seasons of Inception, I urge you to do so. But if not, I will try to self contain it so that you wouldn't need to read them to understand some things.

Inception S1
Inception S2: Separation
Inception S3: Genesis

This short will take place between S3 (from this point, anything after with Tia is retconned out) and Inception: Brave New World. It will deal with her adapting to life in 2025, as well as setting up a subplot for her, to occur in Inception: Brave New World. It's a Work In Progress.

Tia Rydia

Central Park, New York

The rain lightly battered down on the grass fields in Central Park. And yet no one was around to watch it. Ever since the rise of the technological age, Central Park was forced to close it's gates indefinitely due to the massive surgance of homeless people. They had all come from all over the world, selling their soul practically. Bustling scientists, fresh kids out of college, everyone wanted to hitch an easy ride on the technological rise. Most failed, and had nothing to fall back on. Homeless masses took refuge at Central Park, and turned it into it's own tent city, which of course skyrocketed crime and murder. An emergency bill was passed, declaring Central Park closed, after a massive fire had broken out, killing hundreds of homeless people and burning 70% of the park.
It had been years since that occurred, and while it still remained closed, now it looked like nothing at all had scorched it. It was never explained why it had grown back so quickly. Many theorized it was secret technology being used by the government. Others thought magic or witchcraft. Either way, no one was around to see the restored beauty of Central Park.

Except tonight.

Sparks of electricity started forming by the trees, turning into long arcs of volts. Soon a bright light enveloped the electricity, followed by a loud bang, than a thud. Once the electricity died down and dissipated, a bundle remained. This bundle was a human girl, dressed in a pink dress and frock, with bright blue hair. The girl was a young adult, who looked like she was peacefully sleeping from afar. Upon closer inspection, she had cuts and bruises all over her body. And she was in fact unconscious. The girl was Tia Rydia.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The light drizzles of the rain hit Tia's face softly. Her cheeks twitched, trying to get them off. She let out a low groan, just wanting to sleep. When that would not work, she opened her eyes, her brain needing a moment to take in the surroundings. It was dark, but her eyes adjusted to make out the trees and grass. She stood up, and felt weary. She looked over herself, noting the faded bruises and cuts on her. She wasn't hurt, but felt a little drained.

Why do I feel like this? What happened?

She looked up to the sky, only to find no sky. Towers and skyscrapers surrounded the park, brightly lit up like beacons. There were no stars, only an orange and blue hazy hue, due to light pollution. Flashing lights would randomly fly in one direction, belonging to helicopters. In the distance over the light rain, she could hear the motors and prolonged honks of New York traffic chaos. Tia was in awe.

Where am I? Where is....Kasady!

She jumped instantly, darting her head around looking for her friend. She could not see her.

Ugh...we were in that theater...I think. There was...a teleporter, yes. We were going to excape. But.........oh god!

"Kasady!", yelled Tia. No response. "Kasady! Where are you?". Again, no response.

She took off, following a foot path that weaved through the park, making sure to look in every direction. She had no idea where she was, when she was, or where she was going.

Please...please be safe and nearby Kasady. I have to find you...before he does