Traps

For whatever reason i got the free elite. I watched their videos to make you a better cod player and, frankly, they were noobtoriously awful videos. My first cod videos, not pro videos. The one on traps listed things like 'put a Claymore by a door' or 'throw a bb by an objective for more kills'. Wow, just wow. So, now that I'm done mocking, here's slightly better trap info:

Shock charges! And? Claymore/bb/c4; shock charge slows them long enough for the bb or Claymore to get them, or it alerts you that someone is at your c4 trap, double tap X for profit.

Claymore + shock may slow down engineer users enough.

Bouncing Betty + shock = fire and forget trap.

Shock + c4; this is my favorite. Tac mask users may give you some trouble, but that's the game. Listen for shock charge, double tap x.

With all, placement is key. Example: c4/shock; place the shock charge a few feet before the c4, so by the time you respond to the shock-sound, they are in prime zone of death.

Cars + ?: dropping a Claymore by a car, in a high traffic area is almost a guaranteed kill. You could use bb for this or even watch the area with a c4 at the ready (like the side of Magma, drop c4 on the green van and wait for someone to come up that side). Again, shock charges can help slow up the opponent or make their presence known.

Hunter Killer + cars. See someone hiding by a car? Pull out your HK and let loose on them. That's a 100 point vehicle kill, rather than a 25 point HK kill.

---

Bonus: trophy system fun - Not just for campers; Use engineer, as you go around the map, throw your Trophy near their stuff, it kills it, if your trophy survives, pick it up, it's like new. Not as strong in bulk as emp, won't get a kill like Black Hat might, but much more reusable for little things. If not much is on the screen, you can always throw them near any sniper/campers that you pass to help them live longer. Scavenger improves their use (and what's in perk 2 anyway?).

Props to Sensor grenades: in tdm, these can swing the game if you get some practice with them. You can often cover half of a map, either telling you where enemies are or where they (probably) aren't.

SG example: on Detour, i run left down the side way, i poke my head up the middle ramp and throw one down the middle of the map, usually giving us a couple-point head start because my team knows exactly where theirs is.

Smoke: hides you from sight (very helpful escaping corners when shotgunning).

Confuses enemies, annoying teammates, punishes idiotic teammates if needed. I love to smoke the center of Raid, flank and get multiple kills from people staring at it.

Smoke + dual band/mms/target finder for the obvious reasons. Don't forget scavenger!

Well, i can't think of anything else worth touching on.

Activision, feel free to contact me for advice before you make anymore extreme noob 'pro' videos...

:)

Happy gaming all!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engineer trap: i almost forgot this part; so you set up for shield camping, set out your trophy system, dropped a lethal or two by the door(s), aim over your shield at the theoretical incoming enemy...emp goes off, c4 his you in the face, bam! You're an unhappy camper.

So, what to do?

1. Change class, fight face to face like a man (or woman, as we have plenty of female players).

2. Leave, searching for greener pastures (greener players amirite?).

3. Trap that dirty anti-camper: set up your shield, trophy, Claymore...and then watch from nearby. That guy is gonna sneak up where he thinks you won't see him, but you will see him, for you have fooled him with your toys and now his life is yours for the taking!

Have fun!

And...psychological traps: did he see me? No! (runs after 83457 into trap).

Between lag and human stupidity, one never knows if that other player that you saw saw you. This makes for psychological traps.

I run across an open area, see someone, but act like i did not. Run in building, drop c4, wait seconds, trigger c4 for the kill.

Run past a van, drop c4, keep on into building, wait 2 seconds, trigger c4.

Claymore's work too. Drop a Claymore for your tail.

Or, simply turn and face the door at an angle and force feed them some digital lead when they come in to visit.

You see via sensor grenade or uav/vsat (edit:not vtol) that enemies are coming. Face that door, lie behind something, pop up when appropriate for the surprise factor.

Pick-up truck backs are great for this. Nothing quite as fun as watching the enemy walk right past you and then doing a back attack for multiple kills.

Cold-blooded and dark corners/tall grass make for some great cod db-ery.

Great for B.K. use (the knife, not bad kids or burger king).

With smoke and db/mms/tf sights: run through open area to attract tails, after going through a door or choke point (30-50 feet), turn, throw smoke, prone and watch smoke area with appropriate sight. Some people can't resist the urge to go in...and you're ready for them.

In conclusion, if you use any of these against me successfully, g.f.y. (hey, this is cod, remember?)!

Ha!ppy gaming! Heh.

I just wanted to touch on another psychological aspect:

Campers and camos.

One important aspect of camping its getting customers; if nobody wants to revenge on you, then you will get lonely.

In my experience, generating camper hate to get more customers is as simple as your camo.

Gold on your shield works wonders: they know that you are good at using your shield so you need to die now.

A few camos work, but in my experience, nothing generates repeat customers like a man (or woman, hi ladies) with a matching purple leopard-skin-print shield and lmg.

(for the record, I'm an r+g player. That's my normal modus operandi. But i will shield camp, snipe, patrol an area, whatever because it its a game and i intend to have fun while beyond angry as heck at this miserable [read: fun] game).