Was Takeo talking about the battle of Mukden?

In the newest "Letters from the field", Takeo mentions a "Battle of Mukden/mukin/makin/whatever". The closest battle to line up with this date and name is the "Battle of Mukden" This battle takes place in 1905, between the Japanese and the Russians. Being one of the largest battles to take place in Asia before World War 1. The battle ended with the Russians fleeing making Japan the victor.

Now Takeo also talks about his "target" Could Takeo have a specific person he was supposed to kill in the Russian Army? Maybe he was supposed to kill Nikolai. My guess is as good as yours. Anyone else have any theories of which battle Takeo is talking about?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the newest "Letters from the field", Takeo mentions a "Battle of Mukden/mukin/makin/whatever". The closest battle to line up with this date and name is the "Battle of Mukden" This battle takes place in 1905, between the Japanese and the Russians. Being one of the largest battles to take place in Asia before World War 1. The battle ended with the Russians fleeing making Japan the victor.

Now Takeo also talks about his "target" Could Takeo have a specific person he was supposed to kill in the Russian Army? Maybe he was supposed to kill Nikolai. My guess is as good as yours. Anyone else have any theories of which battle Takeo is talking about?

It has to be the such battle from the Russo-Japanese War, as the only other notable incident involving Mukden took place in 1931 to start the Second Sino-Japanese War,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mukden

also, interesting theory, I like it, might explain his hatred for Nikolai.

Interesting theory. At this stage anything is possible. So many speculations , so many theories. I would say treyarch has us from our balls on this one. But jokes aside it is possible as this is going in the past so i would really not be surprised if thats the case.