Inconsistent loading screens?

I don't know if i'm just being nit picky here and it really doesn't mean anything, but the die rise, and buried loading screens do not seem to match at all, look:

http://imgur.com/OdCB5UJ

Even if they are not supposed to be in chronological order, behind the die rise comic page you can see the 'wheel' structure which is in the buried loading screen. However from circles 2 and 3 you can actually see they are differently drawn images with different surroundings, and the boxes around the images on the comic strips do not match up - from what you can see in the die rise loading screen the box with the wheel image in is only small, whereas in the buried loading screen it is much larger. Also the tear in the page on the right in the die rise comic does not match up with any tears on the left of the buried comic strip - to me this suggests they may not be in order, or there is another page between them which we haven't seen yet. Or i'm just looking into it way too far and it really doesn't matter. It may just be Treyarch being lazy and not really taking much care in these graphics.

Tell me what you think, does it mean anything? Is there another page between these with a different 'wheel' image on? Are they different comics entirely? I'm not sure.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was just an overlooked detail by Treyarch, as when they made the Die Rise screen they probably didn't have a definite design for the Buried screen because the release was still months away. It does seem a big detail to be overlooked, however.

Great find, really really weird though.

What's also strange is that Buried's Loading Screen doesn't show the previous map Die Rise on the left side. Usually a bit of the page would be missing indicating the chronological order the maps appear in.

Still I think it's hard to believe they overlooked something this big.