HELP ! BOX "PERMA-PERK"

Ok so I'm currently playing on Tranzit, I hit the box two times. It's round 3. All of my team members have recently left the game. On my first box try, I get the war machine; Yay ..! On my second hit, this gets interresting. I get the Galil, great, right ? Well I also get a "perma-perk", a green burst of light emitted from the box, I looked around and sure enough, my character had a dialogue although i cannot fully remember. I look at the box, there is a teddy bear sitting on it.

Any thoughts ? I still have this game up and I'm planning on waiting before I continue playing, maybe do a few tests that you guys would suggest doing. Has anyone encountered this ?

Now I know there is already a thread made about this, although I didn't find it. i found this however:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=32998

People think it's a way of getting better weapons out of the box or something along thos lines.

EDIT: THE GUN I GOT WHEN GETTING THE PERMA-PERK WAS THE GALIL, I HAVE A GALIL IN THE WEAPON LOCKER. That can possibly hint towards the weapon locker seeing the perma-perk recently got added with the addition of the weapon locker in Die Rise, Am I Wrong ?

EDIT#2: I was in town and heard the sound of a perma-perk loss. I was shooting zombies in the head so it couldn't be the head-popper..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is thought that this new persistent perks gives you better weapons from the box as long as you only trade the weapon in the slot you originally hit the box with. For example,

You hit the box. You take the War Machine. Your loadout is now the War Machine and M1911.

You hit it again. You gain the upgrade and get a Galil. You trade your War Machine. Now your loadout is Galil and M1911.

Again, you hit it with the Persistent Perk. You get an RPD. If you trade your Galil, you keep the Persistent Perk. If you swap weapons and trade your M1911, you lose the Persistent Perk.

Say you traded your Galil and for some reason hit the box again. Your loadout is currently the RPD and M1911. The box gives you a DSR. If you trade the RPD for it, you keep the persistent perk. If you ignore the DSR and don't trade weapons, you lose the persistent perk. And if you swap weapons and trade your M1911 for it, you lose the persistent perk.

TL;DR If you have the perk, you'll get good guns. To keep it, just keep trading the guns the box gives you.

Thanks for the explanation, but I have two questions:

- I obtained the perk at the start of round 3, I lost it at round 6. I knew I had lost it at that time because I hadn't hit the box, I was in town. I couldn't have lost anything else either because I had perma-jugg and head-popper, which I had kept after close observations. My question: Is this also a time-related perma-perk. If I don't use the box or anything else that is related to this particular perma-perk, Do I lose it ?

-Why did it get it in the first place ? Was it effected by the fact that I got a lucky spin and got the Galil ? The fact that I also have it in my Weapon Locker ?

Keep in mind that you can lose Head Popper randomly, shooting zombies in the head or not. The best way to check if you still have it would be to knife a round one zombie. If the head comes off, you still have it. The perk is new, and I am yet to hear of something like that happening. Perhaps you lose it if you don't hit the box within a set time. Maybe say, five minutes? But I'd assume this would be you losing a separate P-Perk, like Carpenter Pro, (very hard to notice losing,) Steel Boards, or Head Popper. (Also hard to notice losing.)

On a non-related note, I was thinking with my brother about the upcoming zombies map Buried. We were both thinking that the starting area would be like Area 51 the Moon map. Reason for this is because the achievement says to PaP in round 1 without using the bank and/or the Weapon Locker. So there are 3 definite key things in the starting room: PaP, Bank and Wep Locker. Zombies will probably spawn in like they did in No Man's Land, infinite number of zombies, but the round counter will still carry-on, hence the emphasis on "Pap a weapon in round 1". How will this be introduced.. No Idea.

Also, there is a maze of some sorts in the map. Will we start out in this Maze ? Maybe if we explore deep enough this maze, we could find free 1000 points powerups, Double Points, things that could potentially help us with gathering enough points to PaP at round 1. There are so many ways Treyarc could implement these ideas without making them either too easy or too hard, like for example accessible Quick Sand traps.

Speaking of buried, I strongly believe the new Wonder Weapon/Buildable is likely to be a HandGun because the map is believed to be set in Western times, a time where HandGuns were popular amongst CowBoys and others.