Concerns about Nuketown Zombies

This forum needs a Nuketown section but...

I play offline a lot and i noticed that when playing offline about round 5 there is the honk from the TranZit bus. but the honk is not played in online games. anything peculiar about that?

And about the Countdown. When you spawn there is 99 the number goes down you hear that very out of pitch ring of an old church bell and then it resets. what is the purpose of that? at all? i mean i noticed that after that restarts sometimes that's when the perks drop. which leads me to my next concern

When do the perks drop? after how many kills? time? round? how many times the board resets its numbers? what causes them to drop?

Why did 3arch bring back the knife? i guess its a link from the past to the future since nuketown is an old map but why?? the Galvicknuckles are right next to it so why was it that important to bring back the knife?

Okay this next one just irritates me... the 3000 point door that leads to NO WHERE!!! except a drop... why would anyone want to buy that door since it leads to no where? does that drop ever come back? cause if so i have never seen it.

How is the power on without the power being on... for the perks that is? the pack a punch still has its battery attachment but the rest just land and have power? like whats wrong with that????

Is there any storyline of nuketown being in the actual story? if there is please encrypt a link here so i can learn. i think that is it for now. please feel free to post your concerns here too. and answer

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum needs a Nuketown section but...

I play offline a lot and i noticed that when playing offline about round 5 there is the honk from the TranZit bus. but the honk is not played in online games. anything peculiar about that?

And about the Countdown. When you spawn there is 99 the number goes down you hear that very out of pitch ring of an old church bell and then it resets. what is the purpose of that? at all? i mean i noticed that after that restarts sometimes that's when the perks drop. which leads me to my next concern

When do the perks drop? after how many kills? time? round? how many times the board resets its numbers? what causes them to drop?

Why did 3arch bring back the knife? i guess its a link from the past to the future since nuketown is an old map but why?? the Galvicknuckles are right next to it so why was it that important to bring back the knife?

Okay this next one just irritates me... the 3000 point door that leads to NO WHERE!!! except a drop... why would anyone want to buy that door since it leads to no where? does that drop ever come back? cause if so i have never seen it.

How is the power on without the power being on... for the perks that is? the pack a punch still has its battery attachment but the rest just land and have power? like whats wrong with that????

Is there any storyline of nuketown being in the actual story? if there is please encrypt a link here so i can learn. i think that is it for now. please feel free to post your concerns here too. and answer

1. The bus does honk in online games...

2. The drops are related to the clock in Nuketown. Basically when the clock gets to 12:00 a perk will drop. The population counter will make the clock hands move towards 12:00 with each reset to 99. It takes more and more resets for each perk. You should have all perks and PaP by round 20.

3. No idea about the bowie. Maybe just to have a cheaper option than the knucks.

4. That drop will save you in the later rounds. It cycles through all the different drops, including Max Ammo. Wait until the later rounds and you're out of ammo. It will save your ass.

5. I would say the residual 115 from the mushroom cloud they fall from is powering them, but thats just a guess.

6. Lots of threads about that...