Nazi Zombies- The Story (Part Two)

MNM1995

"Hello sir." The woman said, sitting and smiling at him. Doctor Maxis, who was completely puzzled, simply nodded. "You have messages from the Reichstag, would you like to see them?" she asked. Now it clicked in Maxis's head. 

"The secretary! Yes, you were supposed to be here today, and I forgot." Now Maxis was even more confused. He never forgot anything, even the simplest of things like where his keys were, but now this? "Perhaps it's the 115." he thought, but moved on quickly. 

"Yes! I will see those messages, thank you..."

"Sophia, sir."

"Ah, well thank you Sophia and please, call me Ludvig." 

Leaving Sophia smiling behind, the Doctor entered his office and began reading the letters. 

"Trust me Doctor Schuster, we have done the experiments dozens of times... This. Will. Work!" insisted Richtofen, staring at the device. 

"But Edward, if it doesn't Maxis will have our heads! Plus, it hasn't worked yet..." "This is because we were using to big a test subjects! Now, we have a walnut. This will work."

Schuster stopped, drew a deep breath, and said through closed teeth "Fine, let's do this."

"There we go! Now, let me hit record..." Now Schuster spoke up again: "You're recording this!"

Richtofen sighed. "Yes, because i'm confident!"

"Fine, go on." 

Richtofen hit the record button and the radio whirred to life. "Log entry 38. Date: December 4, 1939. The matter transferring prototype is prepared for test run number 151. We have now reduced our test subject's mass to prove that this is possible. Dr. Schuster, please give an overview."

"Yes, Dr. Richtofen. We have our new test subject, a walnut," at this point, Schuster pointed at the walnut before realising this wasn't being filmed but their audio was being recorded, so he quickly pulled away. "Weighing in at 10 grams. The target platform is now at three feet with no obstructions. We have one microgram of the element which, according to our calculations, will be entirely used up during the test."

"Excellent Dr Schuster. Commence test number 151."

"Yes, Doctor, er, please insert your earplugs."

Richtofen quickly plugged his ears and eagerly rushed over to the power switch to activate his 'machine'. He couldn't call it a teleporter yet as it hadn't teleported anything so far. But Richtofen was confident now, and so he had already pulled the switch and watched the machine come to life before Schuster had even put in his earplugs. 

The machine whirred and clicked, with lightning seemingly engulfing the walnut. Richtofen and Schuster both looked away, blinded by the glow then... Silence. The machine shut up, the light dissapeared- no sound bar the whirring of the radio could be heard. Richtofen and Schuster looked at the location the walnut was, and suprisingly found it empty. Whilst this was good news, it didn't mean it was a success. They once tried to teleport a Monkey and found that whilst it succesfully teleported, the machine ripped it apart and spat it out above the Der Riese facility, so the blood and organs rained down. That was hard to hide from Maxis. But this time was different. Not only did the walnut reappear in the teleporter, it was completely unscathed. Doctor Schuster stood, mouth opened in shock. 

"Good God!" he exclaimed.  "We've done it! We have powered up the prototype, and it moved a walnut directly from the prototype device into the receiving device. It moved instantly. It... it...."

"...teleported." finished Richtofen. He made his way over to the radio to stop the recording, simultaneously saying "Get me Dr. Maxis immediately!"

Maxis was fed up. The Reichstag had been forcing him to hurry up and finalise the 115 powered weapons, but none were anywhere near ready. There was the self-inflicting pain Ray Gun, or the can-kill-2-people-not-10 Wunderwaffe. None were ready. So, when Sophia told Maxis that Edward was on his way up with "a scientific breakthrough", Maxis was chuffed. He prayed he had fixed the Wunderwaffe's 'problem' and it was ready for another test, and that this test went succesfully, and that the diggers in Shi-No Numa finally found another 115 meteor, as that supply was running low too. Then, snapping Maxis out of his day dream, the door was almost completely unhinged when Edward barged in abruptly. 

"Edward, please!" yelled Maxis. 

"Sir, do you see this walnut?" Edward asked, opening his hand and revealing a walnut in his palm. 

"Yes but, what of it?" 

Edward caught his breath and said "Myself and Doctor Schuster have just succesfully teleported it to a location three feet away, using a device I had been constructingfor the last few months. We believe that, in time, this device's capabilities will be perfected and can be utilised to transport things anywhere in a flash!"

Maxis listened, not believing a word of it. Edward, his prized possession, had gone behind his back and worked on something not needed for so many months. Perhaps this was why the Wunderwaffe was falling behind? Would he have finished it by now if he didn't have to do work on this 'teleporter'? More questions raced through Maxis's head as he removed his glasses and wiped his brow. 

"Why are you not excited sir? Can you not see how Wunderbar this is?" asked Edward nervously. 

"But this is not the crucial experiment that you were supposed to be working on..." he began, before Edward cut in saying "With all due respect, Doctor Maxis, this is a breakthrough of unimaginable proportions."

Now Maxis had enough. He through his glasses to one side and donned a sarcastic tone.

"What? That you moved a walnut a few feet? Yes, Edward, we will improve the human condition by revolutionizing the walnut industry. I can see it now: 'Edward's Walnut Delivery.'"

Edward now looked angry, probably because Maxis was shooting down his idea. 

"Don't be obtuse." he simply replied, but immediately regretted it. 

"How DARE you call me that!" Maxis yelled. "We are at war, Edward!" he sighed, calming down a little now. 

"I will admit that there is promise here but until this war is won..."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Doctor Maxis," Edward cut in. "But Group 935 is a research organization with what was the motto to improve the human condition. What business of ours is this war?"

Maxis sighed again. Realising his defeat, it was time to get serious with Edward. 

"Fine, Doctor Richtofen, I will let you in on a little administrative secret: we are finalizing a deal with the Nazi party. We need funding, we need equipment, they need new weapons. Chances are this war will end soon with a treaty or two and we will be in a much better position to help the world."

"Are you certain this won't cause massive defections? We have scientists from all over the world working with us." Edward made a good point, one Maxis hadn't thought of it. However, being Edward's superior he had to respond as if he thought of that already.

"That is why it is with the utmost confidence that I share this with YOU. No one will know of this. This is simply the breaking of an egg to make an omelet." Maxis liked the line at the end, and hoped Edward would stop disagreeing with him now. 

"Think of the tactical advantage we will have..." 

Now Maxis exploded.

"Think of the cost, think of the time!" he yelled. "We can provide the Nazis tactical expertise in various areas without putting all our eggs in your 'walnut basket'" Not wanting a response, he almost forced him out, saying "Good day, Edward, and get back to your real work."

With that, he was off. Feet pounding along the floor, before slamming the door behind him. 

Maxis sighed for the third time in under 5 minutes. He could only pray Edward would actually listen to him and get on with the Wunderwaffe prototype...

Richtofen stormed over to Schuster, and he could tell he was angry. 

"What a jerk." He complained. 

"I think Doctor Maxis has lost his perspective. No matter... we will do this on our own and publish the findings before he has a chance to..." 

Schuster cut in: "You're not suggesting that Dr. Maxis would steal this technology and perfect it without us, are you?"

Richtofen looked at him, and knew he still had some trust in Maxis and his ways. He would have to snap him out of it soon. 

"I would by no means discourage that thought." Richtofen noticed Schusters new concerned look, and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Great scientists must stick together and achieve great science." he said, which seemed to be enough to encourage Schuster to smile again and follow him back to the teleporter, to continue work. 

Part Three: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=28575

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...