Signature Guidelines/Restrictions

Undead

Question

So, I noticed the signature restrictions were pretty beefed up, I can't seem to do anything now. As it stands, my current signature display apparently breaks like 8 rules, lol.

Any particular reason all these restrictions have been added? I understand size restrictions, but it's hammering me on file size, lines, and all sorts of other stuff that honestly seems pointless to me.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Look at your above post. Your signature takes up quite a lot more space than your actual post. I don't think there should ever be a situation where someone's signature is more than 3 or 4 times larger than a post they make in a thread.

It also serves to help eliminate some of the data we need to load every time you look at a thread. When you and someone else with large sigs with several images post back and forth we have to load up those pictures multiple times, and people with poorer internet can get hammered with slow loading times. Or at least that is what I took out of it.

I hope this helps explain a little better, but I believe the annoyance of seeing the same large sig multiple times in a thread following posts that are not even half the size of the sig, was the more influential factor in our decision. This is definitely not anything personal against you Undead, and I hope you don't take it that way. Have a good day, and happy slaying,

-MegaAfroMan

Hey, none taken. I was actually attempting to change my signature when I realized I can't even keep half of it. As I mentioned, I obviously understand things such as large/multiple images slowing things down and all, but when even an image that is only 200 x 200 is still 8 lines too big, I feel as though I'm pressured down to a user bar for a sig and that's it, regardless of file size.

I'm pretty disappointed I've made about several dozen signatures specifically for CoDz, all of which, probably are no longer able to be used.