The Diary Pages Of Chernov

April 23, 1945

Pankow, Germany

After hearing the tales from Dimitri, I now know why Sgt. Reznov shows nothing but brutality to the Germans and the prisoners we receive. Just today he ordered 4 Germans executed regardless of their surrender. His patriotism may be clouded by revenge and hatred. I do not understand. We mo- UNABLE TO BE READ FURTHER DUE TO PAGE BEING RUINED.

April 24, 1945

Berlin, Germany

The rain, the most relaxing sound, a nice break from the constant shatter of bullets against our men's bones. Berlin, their capital, their pride, now ours for the taking. Mother Russia shines it's approval over us, Stalin shows his approval. If only he was down here. Here to see what REALLY happens. We were patrolling through a building complex. Captured a lone German who was relieving himself in an open bathroom. The shame we put on our Nation's name. We didn't even ask for intel. Pvt. Gerasimov, Pvt. Krasilinikov, and Pvt. Neizelitz were tasked with "taking" care of the prisoner. In our unit, that means kill. Gerasimov wanted to keep him alive, get intel from him, they didn't listen. Krasilinikov shot him in the head, didn't even think twice about it. Sgt. Reznov told me it's how wars are won. That's what he always says. His excuse. To silence us all. We tore through the building complex after discovering a comms station. We slaughtered them. Our push through the building showed ho- WET PAGE PREVENTS LEGIBILITY

April 30, 1945

Berlin, Germany

When he first spoke of Dimitri, Reznov told tales of a hero, someone we should all aspire to be like. His merciless brutality defines in more ways a savage, just like the rest of the Red Army. He is no hero. The brutality shown at the Subway was more than enough for me. The image of the burning Germans was a nightmare that everyone saw, and enjoyed. Our great army's name has been soiled. No glory, no honor, just the name of the devil's hand.

When I first met him, I knew his type. The coward, the weakling. Always writing in this diary, never putting his life on the line for his country. He showed no care for combat and always disobeyed my orders. He became a nuisance to me, always questioning my orders. He will never understand. I took this from him. Gave him our colors. I would make him a hero, redeem his disobedience. The Mudaks burned him though. Made him a frying cow. Someone will read this diary. I regret all of what I have said. His soul will be the only one to lay in peace. All of ours have gone too far down the paths of hell. -Sgt. Reznov, 1945

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic