Call of duty 5 PC help?

Zaptn.

I got my old pc wiped and updated to windows 7 so i can play cod5 custom zombies, but it will just not work. Its a compaq PC and had windows XP on when i bought it but i updated it to windows 7.

I have installed/uninstalled about 4 times now and none have been successful. When i install it it will take me onto the menu and whenever i go to click on Solo or multiplayer the screen goes black as if it were going to load however it just stays black. The only way i can get rid of the black is press ctrl alt delete then launch a task manager, or press the windows button on the keyboard.

I have downloaded directX however i have NONE of the cod5 patches.

How can i get cod5 to work!? Any help? I don't realy want to buy a new PC and the cheapest one i can find is £270 from argos :lol: .

Would this game run on my laptop? I have a windows 7 Acer laptop with 136GB available, which is about 30GB more than what my computer has left. I've never been a PC gamer so i don't know much, but which is my best option? Keep trying the game until i rip my eyes out? Run it on my laptop or ring customer support or something like that. :lol: Thanks :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You likely have an outdated computer. The GB you are talking about is hard drive space, and the only way that would matter is if you are buying several games. Unless you bought it with the intention of gaming, you may not have good enough parts. These are the most important pieces of a gaming computer:

Processer

Graphics Card

RAM

Try using this program to see if you can run it at all: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

If it says that you are below minimum requirements, you probably can not play without severe lag. If you are willing to buy a brand new computer for gaming, expect to spend over $1000 (I think that is like 620-630 in pound) I highly recommend getting 8GB of RAM and an Intel i7 processer. For the graphics card I use an AMD Radeon HD 6870, but there are alternatives like Nvidia.

Yeah pretty much what Jake said. You don't wanna go for the cheapest PC you can find for gaming as it won't be up to the task. You can build a really decent one for about £400 buying parts off eBay though, though you'd obviously need someone to help you put it all together if you're not knowledgeable about it. If you ever did need help picking parts though, PM me ;)

I downloaded WaW for my laptop and it is working fine and im downloading the patches now, i was watching one of yoteslayas videos which explained how to use custom maps. It said you must put custom maps in this folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods i put that into the folder search bar and it says 'Windows cannot find the file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods check the spelling and try again'. I replaces the 'User' with what i thought was my username. Is the username what you use to log onto your laptop with? Any help?

I downloaded WaW for my laptop and it is working fine and im downloading the patches now, i was watching one of yoteslayas videos which explained how to use custom maps. It said you must put custom maps in this folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods i put that into the folder search bar and it says 'Windows cannot find the file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods check the spelling and try again'. I replaces the 'User' with what i thought was my username. Is the username what you use to log onto your laptop with? Any help?

Try pressing the Windows start button, then search "%appdata%" without quotes. Then go to the very top and click AppData. Click the "local" folder, then find Activision. CoDWaW should be in there. :)