[iPod] Der Riese Solo Strategy

Jaysonn

[iPod] Der Riese Solo Strategy

This is just my strategy for solo on Der Riese on the iPod.

The thing to consider for early rounds is that weapons on the iPod have stronger damage than other consoles.

One thing to note is that the main weapon we'll be using in higher rounds is the Wunderwaffe DG-2 (Ray Gun is the backup if no ammo).

(E.g. You can one hit kill zombies up to round 5 with only one knife.

You can headshot zombies with your starting M1911 pistol with one hit up to round 3 - I think.

Any weapson can one hit kill a zombie around round 5 - I think.)

Round 1

Just knife, do not bother with pistol, because pistol kills zombies in two shots. Shoot them once if you must, but otherwise no need. Just knife. Also repair as many barriers as you can for maximum points. You will have more than enough points to open the door on the right when facing the pack-a-punch machine.

Round 2

Do the same: knife (shoot them twice if must, but NOT THE HEAD), repair barriers. Open the next door from the door you opened. If you have enough points, clear the debris on the stairs up.

Now, after going up the stairs, the Juggernog will be here to your left. Note, that you cannot go back where you just were (including Juggernog) after you jump down the ledge into the courtyard (where the power and mystery box is).

Round 3

DO NOT TURN ON POWER YET. Continue to knife, then hit the box twice. Do not bother with pack-a-punching the pistol, so you can trade that with any other weapon. Basically the two weapons you are trying to get are the Ray Gun and the Wunderwaffe. Only hit the box twice (once if you get Ray Gun or Wunderwaffe)! BUT DO NOT USE THE WEAPON! Continue to knife.

Round 4

If dogs are on this round, do what you must with the weapons from the box. If not, continue to knife until you have 2500 points. Then turn on the power to get out of the courtyard and go back to the starting point, then get the Juggernog.

Round 5

When you have more points, hit the box until you get Wunderwaffe (because that's the main weapon we'll be using). Continue knifing for more points. Stay in the courtyard.

Round 6-8

You will need to do two knives to kill them. Do that if you want, but zombies will be faster now, so just shoot them dead. Continue to hit the box for both Ray Gun and Wunderwaffe. Stay in the courtyard.

Round 9-10

Open the huge door behind the courtyard. Link the teleporter there and quickly run to the mainframe to link the teleporter. The pack-a-punch machine will open slightly. By now, you should have the Wunderwaffe, which is the MOST IMPORTANT GUN!

Round 10+

No list of things to do in each round now. Link all teleporters - this is important. You'll need to pack-a-punch the Wunderwaffe later. Get Speed Cola when you have enough money.

NOW, THE BASIC STRATEGY FROM HERE ON IS: Keep on running a circle in a courtyard to gather as many zombies as you can, then kill them with the Wunderwaffe. Keep on doint that until there are only a few zombies left. Just kill them with your other weapon.

BY NOW, YOU WILL HAVE GOTTEN:

>>>Wunderwaffe DG-2

>>>Ray Gun

>>>Juggernog

>>>Speed Cola

Upgrade the Wunderwaffe DG-2 first, then the Ray Gun.

Keep running the small circle around the courtyard, hording zombies and blasting them with your Wunderwaffe. Make sure to not waste its ammo.

TIPS ON DOG ROUNDS:

Only two will be on a map following you at any one time. When the two of them are chasing you, just shoot the Wunderwaffe. Do not worry about missing, you'll have the Max Ammo later anyway. Always have your crosshair facing the ground at around 60 degrees from straight view (90 degrees). When you're trying to kill them run backwards facing the dogs, so you'll easily kill them, without trouble aiming because of your 60 degrees view. Just move YOURSELF (not the CROSSHAIR) to get them in sight of the crosshair and shoot.

CONCLUSION

Run circles, killing every zombie in the courtyard with your upgraded Wunderwaffe.

Thanks! :D Hope I covered everything! ;) Please comment on what you think!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Do you play on Recruit? Because I'm positive that on Regular knifing becomes a two-hit kill on round 3, and that you can shoot the zombies twice with the pistol on round 1. It's fine if you do, but it would be good to include that in the guide. Otherwise, nice guide, but here's what i do:

Round 1: Two shots, then knife.

Round 2: Four Shots, then knife, just knife if i run out of ammo, open the Carbine door at the end of the level.

Round 3-4: Buy the carbine and shoot twice, four times on round four, then knife. If dogs come on round four, open the courtyard after the round ends, otherwise leave one slow zombie on round four and do the same.

Round 5-13: In the courtyard. Camp with my carbine, trying to get 4250 points, which usually happens by round 6. Open the door to Teleporter C, buy the Bowie Knife and knife everything, making forays to get (in this order)

- Teleporter C linked

- Juggernog

- Teleporter B linked

- Teleporter A linked

- Use remaining money between rounds to obtain Ray Gun, LMG, or Wunderwaffe.

- Once good weapons are obtained, buy Speed Cola.

Round 14-20: Stay in the courtyard/ QR/ Catwalk area, killing with the LMG/Ray Gun. PaP if desired. Continue hitting the box if I already don't have the waffe. PaP the Ray Gun by Round 20, where the normal version becomes a two- hit kill.

Round 21-30: Buy remaining perks, continue to use the Ray Gun to kill, continue to try and get the Waffe.

Round 31+ : Loop in the courtyard, gathering zombies as you said and Wunderwaffing them. On Dog

rounds, go to the catwalk and camp there. Go until a zombie cuts you off and you die. If you ever feel overwhelmed, go to either the catwalk room or the FG room (depending on where the zombies are), and do a quick loop back to the courtyard.

Made it to Round 79 with that ^_^