Xbox won't read MW3 need help

I have a very old Xbox 360 that's (I believe) is 1st gen. and has been acting up lately, Not opening the tray when I press open, not reading discs in the tray, and saying games are damaged or dirty. And everytime I try to play MW3 on that Xbox it says, Reading then Open Tray. However I can go on my other Xbox and it works fine. And a note, I've had to send this Xbox in about 2-3 times for failures...

So is my Xbox done and I need to get a new one, or MW3 doesn't work on 1st gen. Xbox's?

Thanks! 8-)

I just found this out.... all new games are made with a new format called XGD3 which means that the disc has an additional 1GB of data compared to the old games.

this requires your laser to be more accurate, if you've had your xbox 360 for a while this is probably the problem.

However my Xbox can run BF3 perfectly fine and that has the new format so i really don't know what's up...

Well I spoke to soon I guess... Now it won't read BF3 either! :(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've got a first generation xbox still, it's either trashed or doesn't have much time left in it, unless you were obsessed with it and cleaned it like 5 times a day, I would say just get a new one, it will get annoying having to keep taking it in. My advice is take it in to someone like Geek Squad one more time, and if it needs to be taken in again after that, then you should get a new one.