'Spoil free' review/opinions?

BobbyD

Being a PS3 man I've got another month before I get my hands on this great looking map. I'm really interested to know how Shangri La measures up to previous maps but without finding out to much info and thus spoiling the enjoyment of that first play through.

Just a general verdict without any major spoilers please?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first starters it's a lot better than CotD.

The map flows differently than most of the other maps and it's refreshing really. It takes a lot more strategy to get to higher rounds too. There's enough to do on the map that you won't get tired of it as quickly as lets say Ascension. I'm not a real big zombies fan, but this is one map I actually like playing.

There are a few annoying things on the map here and there, but not really that big of a deal. Playing with randoms who don't work as a team is hard though, because like I said you really need strategy and teamwork to survive. You can camp out certain spots for a few rounds, and then you have to switch it up. You pretty much have to run early on. So no holding down one spot for 20 rounds lol.

Apologize for typoes im on my phone atm

the map

its a hard one to place, but I put it up there with Der Riese in terms of tight passageways and corners with just enough space to ru n away/around zombies to escape.

Having played every zombie map on release day (including original W@W maps, id put Shangri-la up in the top three, as its big, but you dont feel ugh gotta run halfway round the map to revive a stupid random, theres plenty of shortcuts

enemies

monkeys, shriekers, napalm zombs all add enough variaty into the mix to keep you on your toes and although I gots love for the fluffsters, im not to dissapointed hellhounds arent back in this map

weapons

better wonder weapon than the vril from COTD and alot more useful, monkey bombs return which everyone is extreamly happy about

in closing

its a relief to be playing as the original furious four again and seeing more about the story (and although the easter eggs are long winded if your playing with randoms, its well worth the effort)

Id put this in the top 3 best zombie maps and is good to see treyarch do a jungly theme once again.

Is it worth it? Hell yes, more so than COTD.

A 9 out of 10 map for me, only loses out on a perfect ten due to the lack of the easter egg being able to be completed Solo, this is just my opinion though, most dont care about easter eggs will love the diverse layout of the map