Story Quotes

So, after playing on Solo a few times on Ascension/with some buddies of mine, i've been hearing quotes from the characters that involve the story.

Specifically from Tank, Takeo and Richtofan.

Tank's line was one that's been mentioned before, something along the lines of "Richtofan..I don't like that guy. I think I remember seeing him before Shi No Numa but then again...I don't remember much before that..."

Takeo had a nice long speech about The Dr. (Richtofan), which ended in (something like) "...he will pay for what he's done!"

Richtofan was the one with the most inside info, he's had quite a few quotes, some of which were hard to hear thanks to the PaP Jungle going off at the same time.

"I don't like Dempsy. He's just a big meathead. Nothing changes no matter how times we meet (? i think, i couldn't hear this line clearly cause of the damn pack a punch jingle)

"Takeo..he was always so quiet. No matter what we did to him he was always so...respectful..." (There may have been more to this line, but like i said with the PaP Jungle going off at the same time, it was hard to hear most of these lines)

"Nikolai...(the jingle made it hard to hear most of this line, but he said something about his drinking problem here)...Or maybe what we did to him caused his drinking problem. Who knows?"

So, after hearing some these, I have a couple of theories as to what these are referring to.

Theory 1, in basic terms, supports the Dreamland Theory.

Theory 2 is a bit more in depth, and will require a step back to Kino for a moment.

If you can recall, in the PaP room on Kino, there's a chalk board up there with the PaP Machine. On that chalk board (I think, if it's not then check on one of the boards on Der Riese) is the phrase "Experiment 935 was successful, other experiments can be based off this model"

So, what if Richtofan was the head/assistant of the head of this "Experiment 935",(possibly relating back to Der Riese where Richtofan was Maxis' assistant) and Takeo, Nikolai and Tank were all involved in the experiment somehow? Perhaps test subjects, wether willingly or unwillingly is unkonwn.

This would explain Richtofan's statements about the other 3 and the "what we did" parts of his quotes.

Now to add on that, what if at the time Ascension's rolling around, Takeo and Tank are regaining their memory about certain events? This part of the theory would explain both why Takeo wants revenge on Richtofan and why Tank's remembering Richtofan from before Shi No Numa.

Like I said, this is only a theory, but if I'm right, then this is a huge direction for the story.

What do you guys think?

*UPDATE 2/9*

I seem to recall Takeo saying a line similar to Tank's now, about not remembering things before Shi No Numa but seeing Richtofan's face before it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic