Early Solo Camping

... Before the Comm(unications) Room strategy.

This is my strategy. This forum is dead, but i figured i would post this for anyone looking for something to try on an old favorite. Can work on bo1 reprint.

Tweek to your taste.

Round 1+2 stab zombies, fix windows. Personally, i save bullets for round 3+.

Round 3, shoot and stab zombies. Buy Arisaka (a.k.a. the round 3 rifle) and headshot, if needed. (Open door if needed, not stairs, but door).

Round 4, let zombies begin to break in. When surrounded, open the door (not steps). Head to box area, buy Bouncing Betties, buy Thompson (trade Arisaka if you have it) for a guaranteed decent weapon. Hit box for lmg eventually (and Wunderwaffe, of course).

Bouncing Betties: alternately drop them in the alcove between Doctor's Quarters and Storage, or by the Comm Room door that is still closed. Fill the alcove, but only put a few by the Comm Room door and in that little area there. Drop one at the start of each round, and one at the end. If you get a Max Ammo, it will bring your count back to 2, but only if you are holding 1 still (this also works on Der Riese).

Now camp at the bottom of the steps in the Comm Room door alcove. Face out, across the courtyard and headshot. A couple of BBs will be in the area for bad reload timing and for opening the Comm Room door without dying.

When overwhelmed, open the Comm Room area and do that strategy. Usually by round 13-15 you get routed.

-------

Dog rounds: first, drop a Bettie. fight dogs at the alcove. Slowly back into the mine field of BBs. After Max Ammo, drop both BBs. Drop 1 BB at start of next round. Do this for the whole game, kill the last zombies near the main building so you can run in and drop your 'end of round' and 'beginning of round' Betties.

--------

Cheat, or no?

If no, then simply open Fishing hut, then Doctor's Quarters (this keeps most traffic coming straight at you, not from the side), then Storage for perks. 

Cheating isn't available in bo1 reprint.

If yes, then spam the box until it moves, use the perks for guns trick for extra guns and gunslots. Only 1 or 2 extra guns/slots are needed for fun.

You can camp with 2, which also offers the ?Box extra guns method.

In that case, for the long run 1 player runs Comm, 1 runs Fishing Hut.

Fishing Hut Circle: walk in past the Flogger, go counter clockwise; walk straight at the hut, you may need to dodge a zombie or two. Go left at hut, walk down walkway, cut through zombie train (plenty of room for this) and repeat. Shoot when near hut, before going down wooden path, and as you near the end of the wooden path nearish to the Flogger, and repeat.

Comm Room: do 2 counter clockwise circles, the second time that you come through the little building (heading toward main building), turn and headshot the crowd.

If solo, you can alternate between the 2 areas and throw on the Flogger. Be sure to have the WW in hand as you go through the building, in case of emergency.

Well, that's my fun little temporary camp strategy.

Happy gaming!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic