What I plan to do with "Waffe-Craft REBORN"

As many of you know, my last attempt to get people interested in my minecraft modpack was... Well... A big dud. 

Don't worry, I'm not going to over-advertise this time! 

I know that one of the main issues of not using the last pack was a lack of other people being able to interact with you, don't worry, I've got you covered this time! 

What I plan to do is, on this thread, release a series of videos explaining exactly how one can use the mods included in the pack. 

---> Eventually, I've procured a nice site that will allow me to host my modpack on a group server!

How that will work is: 

-Depending on how popular the server is depicts if I allow people from minecraft and technic forums to join here, as opposed to just CODZ members. Given the reaction last time, I'll likely make the server for the other forums as well. 

-It's Free to play for anyone that wants to! Feel free to join either Team Maxis or Team Richtofen and compete in their group games! 

-Have fun in the realm of gaming for weekly challenges such as "race for the wool" "Spleef" and the ever so popular "team death-match" you can even help me on certain days build the next weekly challenge! 

-Play in a virtual world and help build or explore re-creations of all the best zombie maps. We even have Galacticraft installed for griffen station! 

-Later on I will start establishing the use of mystcraft worlds. These worlds would allow players to obtain a separate section of land in another dimension to which they can build their own map for zombies or their own game maps, or even their own special bits. It would be a mere 1$ for a world. The funds collected would go A-towards keeping the server running and afterwards: B- towards CODZ. I make no profit from this just to be clear. 

Rules: (Don't know why I'm establishing these... ) 

-No greifing (in non-gamemode worlds). Stealing is not ok either. 

-No "steve" skins. It's not hard to make you're own, there's dozens of free sites.  All you have to do is change the color of his shirt I don't care, just make yourself Identifiable. 

-Don't overuse mods like Mystcraft and Sync. These can lead to A-Server lag and B-an extra bill at the end of the month. It isn't easy to overuse mods, but DEFIANTLY possible. 

- Have fun! 

A breif summary of mods so far: 

-NEI

-WAILA

-Ender chests 

-Tinker's construct and TMechworks

-Buildcraft

-Galacticraft mod (with planets of course) 

-Sync mod

-Flaxbeard's steam power (which allows for exo zombies) 

- Weather 2

- Applied energistics! 

-Flan's mod: modern weapons -Normally buggy as hell, don't worry, I'll ban all game-crashing and buggy items. 

These mods together don't cause much lag (apart from Weather 2, which I'm a bit Iff-y about even including, but it's weather effects are really cool!). 

You can research what these mods do yourself, or just check back here in a few weeks to see how they can improve your experience!

All of these great features are underway and will hopefully arrive before the end of June! Make sure you comment to show support (or distaste) and feel free to ask questions! 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sounding really cool! I have a suggestion that I think could be cool... maybe there is a team for the flesh? Just you know to make it interesting. Anyways I hope I can play this soon, sounds really good.

This is sounding really cool! I have a suggestion that I think could be cool... maybe there is a team for the flesh? Just you know to make it interesting. Anyways I hope I can play this soon, sounds really good.

Perhaps, 

One of the mods: Galacticraft, includes a special little feature called "Space-Race" Which can be used to create space-race teams with their own special flags designed by the player, should they choose to. However, the pack will eventually have the option to chose between a Richtofen and Maxis Side. This will be used for things like picking teams in games and such. The flesh could always be used as a flag for the zombies. 

Here's my current line-up of events when this thing launches: 

-1: Kick-off: We get to work building around the spawn: Which would be a full-scale model of "Der reise".  All players are creative mode until the game is complete. 

-2: Space race: Over the next few days (weeks?) we enter the "space race" where team maxis and team richtofen race to build in survival:

- Tier 1 rockets: 

-Oxygen gear

-Launchpad

-Fuel source. 

-Their flag. 

Their objective would be to get 4 of their teammates to the moon!

-3: Once a winner has been decided for the space race. We'll get to work on the moon building a full-scale model of griffin station. (Creative again)

Once griffin station is complete we can begin setting up other things like the race to mars (Where out of humor I plan to build shangri-la)  and the asteroid belt, or perhaps race to develop an exo-zombies area using Flaxbeard's steam-power mod. OR perhaps we engage in a variety of other epicness available in this mod.

Possibility is endless!  

HOW TO WAFFE-CRAFT: 

Vol. 1: 

NEI. 

Meet Lord_McAlister: 

2015-03-07_14.34.45.png

He's an average Minecraft player with simplistic needs: Food, Shelter, Massive redstone contraptions requiring more repeaters then he can hold. But he's not a robot, he's an accumulation of rectangular prisms and pixelated cubes! He can't be bothered to remember every crafting recipe in the game! That's time consuming! I suppose he could use a wiki, but who has time for all that typing and Alt tabbing? 

Introducing: A MOD THAT'S  BEEN OUT FOR YEARS!: 

NOT ENOUGH ITEMS. 

How this works is, in your inventory, to the right, is a long list of every block in the game, from Dirt (1) to facades(IDEK). In creative, you can use this list to spawn in any item you need by clicking on it. In survival, you can look up ANY crafting recipe by typing the desired tool in the bottom, and clicking on the tool that will appear to the right: 

2015-03-07_14.40.39.png

2015-03-07_14.41.10.png

Never again will one panic when asked to build a red-stone comparator! 

This mod works for just about every block in the game, so get used to it! 

Push R to discover the recipes: 

2015-03-07_14.41.29.png

Also: As an added bonus, you can push U on an item to find out EVERYTHING it's crafted with in the game! 

2015-03-07_14.41.47.png

2015-03-07_14.41.41.png

That's the most useful mod in the game IMO, but far from the Useful, Next up: Flan's mod's Modern weapons! 

How to Waffe-Craft

Vol. 2: 

A SUMMARY OF FLAN's MOD

Flan's mod: Modern weapons brings a lot of weapons we've come to love from COD into this pack! A lot of the weapons make the M14 and RPD are common, however, there are some other epic weapons you may not have met yet!

But how do these weapons work? 

-In an average world: 

These weapons are a bit buggy. There's no way to PROPERLY make weapons without crashing your world (This is one of the reasons I hate Flan's mod, but it's the best gun mod available for 1.7.10) You just have to spawn them in... Pity. 

Either way, you need 2 things for the guns to work: The gun it's self, and the correct amo.  Depending on the weapon, it can do a lot or a small amount of damage. You can reload your weapon with R and ADS with left click. Fire with Right click, and if you have no amo, it will reload automatically. 

Some heavier weapons like RPGs and Mini-guns are heavier and can slow the player whilst holding it. Just like COD. 

-On the server. 

Weapons in the server, along with amo, can be awarded, found, bought, and traded for. But not crafted. 

At any time, a player can venture home to the spawn, or find a shop near-by in which they can trade for a weapon or villager. Depending on the type of amo and gun, it can cost more or less. 

However the best weapons and amo are won as reward for that week's game. Things like RPGs and Mini-guns are only awarded through games. 

Special weapons like the golden Desert Eagle can only be bought through IRL transaction (gotta keep the server running). But aside from a lower amo cost (In this case 20 dirt in place of 7 iron ingots), and cosmetics, there's no real advantage (to keep things fair). 

Some weapons and amo can be found in chests I leave around the world. But nothing as good as winning the game of the week. 

Now, while weapons you can keep forever, amo is limited, so once you loose that mini-gun clip, it's gone forever until your team wins another game of the week. 

Now, here's a small demonstration of these weapons: Here is a mini-gun being used with regular non-explosive amo on a wither-boss . 

2015-03-07_14.44.45.png

As you can see, the creature is charging up and my mini-gun holds 500/500 amo in it. 

2015-03-07_14.44.58.png

NOW LOOK AT THIS! A mere 162 shots later, (and about 100 blocks, not that far) the wither is COMPLETELY OWNED! 

2015-03-07_14.45.13.png

Epic, and powerful! 

Can't wait to use this on your faces when you act up! 

Lord_McAlister: Steam Investment opportunity: S.P. E. W.D.S

(In cave-johnson voice) 

Lord_McAlister here!   Fact: In order for Flaxbeard science to work, we require 3 simple things: Steam, canisters, and legit reasons to build the horrific devices we do. So here's something we've drummed up to improve your life while still allowing us to create these insane contraptions. 

BEHOLD:

128px-Block_Item_Mortar.png

The item mortar! 

This beauty here is the key to future communication! And more importantly, the safe and completely functional system for ordering and delivering weapons from afar. 

Here's how the 

Steam 

Powered 

Evolutionary 

Weapon 

Delivery 

System 

Will work: 

In a game of, oh say capture the wool, or Team death match, we can use this technology to send care-packages to the teams that may receive them! 

We can also set up a mail system using mortars later on. Although a link book system would be more ideal. 

This has been Lord_McAlister, we're done here!

• 2 weeks later...

New updates: 

1: Coming soon: The actual download (I don't want to give it to ya yet guys because I'd need to sort out the final kinks between flans mod and the new recipes for them)

2: Galacticraft improvements: 
If you notice in the above examples. The plane my character exists on is NOT a normal minecraft dimension. In-fact it's an entirely new mod-created dimension known as "the moon". 

The moon is exactly what you expect: Accessible only by rocket, has no oxygen, and has reduced gravity! Pretty premium stuff! 

But that's not all galacticraft can do! 

Be amazed by things such as:

-air locks which do exactly what you'd think they do! 

-short-range-telepads: Teleporters basically! 

-Grappling hook: The classic batman-ex-machina

-Explore realms such as Mars and the astroid belt! Or create your very own space station in the earth's orbit!

-FERKING LERZERS! 

-Moon-buggys! 

-Oxygen bubbles! 

-In space... No one can here you scream in the evolved skeleton and creeper dungeons....  :blink:

Lord_McAlister: Steam Investment opportunity: Exos

Now I know you've unwillingly sunk a lot of money into the steam project, but don't worry, we're not banging rocks together  over here. We know how to use our steam abilitys to the fullest! 

Gentlemen: I give you the Steam Powered Exo-suit. Not going to lie to you it can be expensive as hell, but look: 

TV3tNDF.png

We went ahead and told this test subject to try and not look majestic as hell. 

Couldn't do it! (Died trying, poor lad burnt to death attempting to screw a ghast while covered in corn-flakes and failed exams. He had determination, I'll give him that!) 

Anyway, we use the FULL exo suit; That's 60% more use per suit!. 

Experience features such as: 

-Extended reach

-Fall assist

-Improved Acceleration 

-An amazing spyglass. 

-Better trades with villagers. 

We also allow a full range of colors! Red, Orange, Sunset, uh... Evening at the improv..> WHAT IDIOT pick thes...

Furthermore the exo-suit can be used for protection as well with things like the steam-powered-punch and the jet-pack. 

Yes you heard me right: Jet-pack. 

The way I see it there's two reasons you'd need to be protected from: Things that are close, and things that are not. 

Try to get close to these babies and BAM!  HA! Your funeral. 

Try to snipe from far away and prepare for an areal attack from above!

Now if you can just make those checks out to cash, we're between banks right now.... 

How to waffe-craft 

Volume 3: Lucky-blocks. 

Now, recently I have run into an issue with flans mod: It's crap. 

Specifically because of the way it's set up I have two options: 

1-Introduce mechs which will lag EVERYONE to tears and don't impress me. 

2-Deal with a crafting mechanism that will crash the game 

I went with option 2. 

So I tried using the custom recipes mod, it half-worked. 

It allowed me to disconnect the crafting mechanism so it CAN'T be crafted in an average game of minecraft. Although now I had a new issue: How do we obtain weapons. 

Paying someone or me myself constantly staying online to help with weapon transactions is out of the question... So what's the best way to fix a broken mod? 

MORE MODS! 

Introducing: Lucky blocks!

Special little things I've personally textured to look like mystery boxes (The best I could), the luck inside of one of these boxes is random. And I've gone in and coded it so the box will 100% of the time reward one with either: 

-A weapon

-A piece of armor

-A tool (An actual object of use, not bruno mars) 

-A very unfortunate message containing laughter as your box is forfeited. 

The boxes can be crafted with bedrock, which IS actually obtainable in this mod-pack (although tedious and grueling) and wood. One can then add iron, zombie flesh, diamonds, gold, just about anything to these boxes to change how lucky they are. 

The chance of obtaining "HAHAHAHAHA" is always a threat, but a more unlucky block will drop better armor, where a luckier block will drop better guns. So no matter what you do to that box, you always have a chance of being screwed over! WHAT FUN! 

There's also  random chance of receiving some special items like a riot shield, or C-4! ;) 

Anyway, long story short, you get weapons from lucky blocks.