Valve: Portal, Team Fortress, Half Life and more....

I have been doing research into the storyline of many of valves games and I have to say they are very good at writing one. For example when TF2 started it had no story now we have the legendary Australian that is Saxton Hale. Then there is Black Mesa and Aperture which link the games Portal and Half Life, I have made this post so people can discuss the good and bad points of their storylines. Also I would like to see theories for the future of their games and any speculation you have on their story.

For example when you play the Half Life series you will come across a man named "G-Man" who constantly watches you from a far. People have came up many theories about who he is, whether he is a god or is Gordon Freeman in another world or the future. I have lately been looking into TF2's story and there is a character named Gray Mann. Yet again Valve somehow left another character in the mix of who it could be and I really like hearing theories of it.

Next to talk about is the third game. Valve have not released a game titles as Portal 3 or Half life 3 at all. It is as if they hate the number but I constantly hear theories on what could be to come. Maybe we will be given "The Orange Box Trinity". Which comes with all the third games of each series! What I have heard from many people is the third Half Life at least has either been over hyped and will not live up to expectations or has been under hyped and is planned to be the biggest and best game to date. As for Portal I would be excited for another game with a 3 player co-op, like before where we had Atlas and P-Body, we could have a new robot joining the team who symbolizes the color green and is based on a companion cube of some sort. Then we have the continuation of Portal 2's story which could either take up a whole game or we could go back and play as 'Ratman' who is a very hidden character who only really exists in the comic books for Portal.

Please leave thoughts below on anything Valve related you like, don't like, wan't to see, don't want to see etc.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see an open-world area for portal 3, and see how the portal device can be used in the real world. 

That would be really awesome, I like how you dont just have to use the white surfaces in game too put Portals down.

For example if anyone has finished Portal 2 you will kind of know what I mean.

Upgrade the portal gun? 

Also I'd love to see water physics (using portals to drain lakes and create waterfalls), explore caves by using a portal as a light sourse, use a portal in a volcano and a portal near an ice-wall to change heat and open new paths, Use propulsion and portals to move objects such as boats. Oh… And of course: Using a vacuum sealed room and a space suit, explore the moon.

Not to mention the DLC they could have: 

-City exploration

- Moon exploration  

All the while somehow glados and wheatly still pester and watch you.