Time travel debunk

Guest Shoreyo

To be honest BlindBusDrivr, I have thought about that and I agree completely on the 2012 thing. As for the FIVE thing, I mean you have a point, so to me that would mean it's in November of 1962 because they speak of the event like it has passed just a bit, and the event was the last week of Oct.

Guest MurderMachineX

He knows that the MDT's are capable of Time Travel, he learned that after Kino, so it's not just a colloquial term.

@BlindBusDrivr Ascension and FIVE are at the same time I agree, but FIVE is only 3 days before JFK dies. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=18174

That doesn't disprove what I said. He knew about it by then, of course. However, that doesn't change that the Teleporter wasn't made for time travel, so the circuits could only be colloquially called that, having been built for a different purpose entirely.

As for the the whole JFK thing, I agree. Even if Treyarch just copied and pasted it, it is still something large and obvious to have copied. It still counts into evidence. And everyone thinks its 1962 because of the Cuban Missile Crisis, but politics is typically slow. So it isn't unreasonable to think that it took a year to finally be able to re-negotiate with Castro.

As for the 2012 thing, I sincerely hope no such drive occurred. The whole 2012 Mayan calendar thing is a farce, created by a certain Mexican American on the sole purpose of making money. The Mayan calendar is cyclical...

Lol sorry, I thought it was another member who said it was colloquial as a defense, so I was commenting about that.

As for the JFK thing, I mean I can't imagine how long it would take to Castro to actually come in person. That had to of been a hard thing to do. However, the entire situation had dies down about 6 months after the initial 13 days the event lasted. They had agreed to take their nukes out of Cuba as long as we took our nukes out of Turkey, which we agreed to do 6 months later as not to cause suspicion. Haha I love being a history nerd, that's why I am going to teach it! :geek: But that is just in the public world, I am sure it may have lasted longer than six months in the board room and war room. I do find it slightly unlikely though that they would bring him in over a year later and still reference it, but I could easily be wrong.

Guest MurderMachineX

Lol. Well I don't know. Cuba hasn't really been a major player in world politics besides that incident. If they were to have a meeting negotiating with Castro, it may have been the most recent, most important last event to reference. I guess Bay of Pigs could be another, but eh. I think the Missile Crisis is more important.

Guest aegisknight

First thing @Tac, that's a very plausible theory about JFK's death but that chart is copied from the SP mission. And the cutscene from before the actual game shows a debacle about the Cuban Missile Crisis which was in October 1962.

And 2nd thing@aegisknigh-

I must respectfully disagree about the No Man's land zombies. Just because it has the same look doesn't mean it's the same. Treyarch LOVES to copy and paste things from MP and Campaign. I think moon is 12/21/12, because the World Ends :twisted:

They were not copied from the campaign or multiplayer, they are copied from character models designed for zombies on the map FIVE based on the military police officer uniforms of the 60s. Either way, I can never take these arguments seriously (it was just copied from elsewhere and means nothing) when it pertains to something so vital to the story.

So for the board in FIVE with the dates, which came first, the board being put in FIVE or the part of the campaign?

And the biggest hole in the 2012 theory is that whoever was engineering this could not have foreseen Maxis`s intervention and the firing the rockets at earth, so it was not part of the grand scheme (unless you perscribe to my theories that Maxis was a bad guy all along and\or that the earth wasn`t damaged at all from the rockets)

With FIVE, we can't tell. I assume it is around the same time though, but because they are two different teams working on each map (FIVE and Executive Order), we can't tell which was put in first.

As for 2012, I believe that, like the real life theories, it was the Mayans. They didn't have to know Maxis would be bad, they just had to know the world would end on that day. I have heard some people say that there are Mayan marking in Shangri-La, and if that is true, it makes sense to me.

Guest aegisknight

well it still doesn`t make sense to me. The only thing that makes any sort of sense is a 3rd party imparting certain knowledge to the creators of shangri-la, the mayans, and then finally Richtofen while pursuing its own goals.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

First thing @Tac, that's a very plausible theory about JFK's death but that chart is copied from the SP mission. And the cutscene from before the actual game shows a debacle about the Cuban Missile Crisis which was in October 1962.

And 2nd thing@aegisknigh-

I must respectfully disagree about the No Man's land zombies. Just because it has the same look doesn't mean it's the same. Treyarch LOVES to copy and paste things from MP and Campaign. I think moon is 12/21/12, because the World Ends :twisted:

They were not copied from the campaign or multiplayer, they are copied from character models designed for zombies on the map FIVE based on the military police officer uniforms of the 60s. Either way, I can never take these arguments seriously (it was just copied from elsewhere and means nothing) when it pertains to something so vital to the story.

So for the board in FIVE with the dates, which came first, the board being put in FIVE or the part of the campaign?

And the biggest hole in the 2012 theory is that whoever was engineering this could not have foreseen Maxis`s intervention and the firing the rockets at earth, so it was not part of the grand scheme (unless you perscribe to my theories that Maxis was a bad guy all along and\or that the earth wasn`t damaged at all from the rockets)

Alright, I'm going to be honest, the whole no man's land thing is a bunch of copy and pasted graphics from Five and Hangar 18, just rearranged a little with the addition of the tele porter and Pack a Punch cage.

And I can't really judge them by their uniforms supposed era. I mean this is going to become like the whole AK74u at kino so it must be after 1974.

And I don't get what you're saying in that second part about whoever was engineering...

And the Grand Scheme wasn't exactly Richtofen's, it was Satan predicting all of their reactions to Richtofen. I mean he is an alien which is nearly infinitely smarter in comparison to us. He knew Sam would worry and find a way to get Maxis into the computers and then he would know what had to be done to prevent Richtofen from taking over is destroy earth, using the nukes.

Guest Shoreyo

Clearing out some points:

1. Just wanted to point out the fact that the characters present is 1945, their future is any point beyond that.

Richtoffen wanted to get to the base to get the rod, which was at the base prior, or in the war, when he worked there, hence why he returned to get it. Simple enough. As the base is abandoned at the time of the cold war, i.e. the era they travelled to in Kino; he says "We've travelled to far into the future." As he was expecting to be at a time where the base was operational and he could walk up and get the rod.

Therefore by saying we have travelled too far (CoTD) means any time beyond the point the arctic base is still operational, and just like in history and in the campaign all nazi bases were shut down or abandoned after the war. Remember Kino was abandoned as well!

2. Zzap guns and all the other wunderweapon are wunderweapons! This plot is based on popular conspiracy theories and I can't remeber who said it but someone claimed they proved the era they were in was the present/future.

May I remind you that the wunderwaffe and ray gun were designed in the 40s :P And the Thundergun, Winters howl and Gersch were all engineered by the respective countried from the wunderwaffe, ray gun and teleporters respectively (Proof: Russian writing on thundergun + Richtoffen quotes in Kino + board designs/dismanteled wunderweapons on five and Kino showing their creation from the ray (howl)/wunderwaffer (thundergun)).

3. As I said, Treyarch like to close continuety errors or loopholes, unlike IW :P If the maps were set in the present then there would have been modern weapons, as they would be around and more numerous than cold war weapons. (Or at least numerous enough to show up beside cold war weapons!)

eh.. I am confused by this statemant, zap gun?

Zap guns aren't from Treyarch, the name zap gun has been used by large numbers of conspiracy theories made and set... yep you guessed it, in the cold war.

The zap gun in Zombies looks like the cold war view of space age guns again, yet the strongest arguement is this:

Wavegun.jpg

830px-Raygunprofile.png

WintersHowl.png

Looks a lot like the ray gun? Just like the winters howl its a new version! (Before you complain, remember it is just two ray guns stuck together (you can dual wield))

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Clearing out some points:

1. Just wanted to point out the fact that the characters present is 1945, their future is any point beyond that.

Richtoffen wanted to get to the base to get the rod, which was at the base prior, or in the war, when he worked there, hence why he returned to get it. Simple enough. As the base is abandoned at the time of the cold war, i.e. the era they travelled to in Kino; he says "We've travelled to far into the future." As he was expecting to be at a time where the base was operational and he could walk up and get the rod.

Therefore by saying we have travelled too far (CoTD) means any time beyond the point the arctic base is still operational, and just like in history and in the campaign all nazi bases were shut down or abandoned after the war. Remember Kino was abandoned as well!

2. Zzap guns and all the other wunderweapon are wunderweapons! This plot is based on popular conspiracy theories and I can't remeber who said it but someone claimed they proved the era they were in was the present/future.

May I remind you that the wunderwaffe and ray gun were designed in the 40s :P And the Thundergun, Winters howl and Gersch were all engineered by the respective countried from the wunderwaffe, ray gun and teleporters respectively (Proof: Russian writing on thundergun + Richtoffen quotes in Kino + board designs/dismanteled wunderweapons on five and Kino showing their creation from the ray (howl)/wunderwaffer (thundergun)).

3. As I said, Treyarch like to close continuety errors or loopholes, unlike IW :P If the maps were set in the present then there would have been modern weapons, as they would be around and more numerous than cold war weapons. (Or at least numerous enough to show up beside cold war weapons!)

eh.. I am confused by this statemant, zap gun?

Zap guns aren't from Treyarch, the name zap gun has been used by large numbers of conspiracy theories made and set... yep you guessed it, in the cold war.

The zap gun in Zombies looks like the cold war view of space age guns again, yet the strongest arguement is this:

Wavegun.jpg

830px-Raygunprofile.png

WintersHowl.png

It doesn't matter at all what the characters say about the future. It matters what the map itself shows to us.

Ascension and Five are CLEARLY in the early 1960s, whether its 4 days before JFKs death or 1962 October, it's one of the two. The phones connect the two to the same time.

And from Kino to Ascension MUST be time travel because they are still a couple of years apart. The Berlin TV tower and Berlin wall were our major hints! The building time frame means it must be between 1965-1969, so no matter how you look at it they had to have gone back to be at Ascension.

Call of the Dead is obviously in modern times. Time circuits, future, whatever it doesn't matter what they say. There are four movie actors in their updated appearances, there's no dispute it's in 2011.

Shangri La is debatable but the ANDO radios make a good point it must be more modern as well.

And then Moon is still not going to be confirmed til the next game.

Time Travel has been very evident.

Looks a lot like the ray gun? Just like the winters howl its a new version! (Before you complain, remember it is just two ray guns stuck together (you can dual wield))