Paris, the Catacombs and the Gateway to Hell

Jolteon

I recently saw a documentary on the miles of labyrinth catacombs which lie undisturbed beneath the city of PARIS....

A discovery was made by an explorer of the catacombs on a video camera. The operator went missing whilst in the catacombs however the camera was recovered. The operator was never found despite several search parties attempting to locate him. On examining the film, it was all shot in tunnel vision, from the operator's point of view. After a some time exploring the catacombs, the cameraman or camerawoman drops the machine...a splash is seen and then you can clearly see the operator running away, and you can very clearly hear the operators screams of terror!

During the search a "room" was discovered that contained quite literally thousands of human bones of different individuals... It is very widely believed that during the 18th century the cemeteries of Paris were so overcrowded that to eliminate this problem millions upon millions of dead bodies were excavated from their final resting place to be re-located in this "mass burial room" miles beneath the city!

Now many who've had the courage to explore the depths of this labyrinth beneath Paris, have said to believe in this "burial room" there is a carving on the far wall... This is believed to be the Gateway to Hell!! Also, there are supposedly many millions more bones than those that were originally placed there! The question is, how did they get there? Who do the bones belong to? Could this Gate lead to Sam and Maxis? Could these bones rise and attack just like the zombies? And could this be the answer to the lingering doubts over whether we could have a map in Paris?

http://gakuranman.com/urban-exploration%20...%20tacombs-2/

This website has information about the Nazis making secret bunkers in the Catacombs, and descriptions of doors that may be used to keep something in:

During World War II, the tunnels were used by Parisian members of the French Resistance as a secret headquarters. In addition, they also used by German soldiers who built this bunker under a high school to strengthen the Nazi hold on Paris.

There are many smaller rooms dotted around the Bunker too, often separated by rusty iron gates and great doors with huge round handles – the sort I found on a walk-in safe when visiting one Japanese haikyo. I peer inside hesitantly – nothing but rubble and some rubbish now, but I’d hate to be sealed inside one of these areas. Some lead to storage chambers of sorts – others to further passages. Were these doors to keep wandering people out of the Nazi Bunker or to keep something else in..?

Now what could it be that the Nazis would want to keep in? Zombies perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7w34KUC%20...%20dded#at=11

This video is the first part of the documentary of which I speak. The second part is in the related videos section next to the video.

http://exploration.urban.free.fr/cataco%20...%20bs-map.jpg

This link leads to a map of the Parisian Catacombs.

I believe that the evidence that we have collected from various different places lead to a reasonably solid conclusion that the Parisian Catacombs are a high possibility for the location of the next zombie map. The sign that says "Gateway to Hell" in Firing Range, all the various evidence leading to a Parisian map, the evidence I gave above and everything else just seems to fit together to make a map in Paris once again seem like a probability.

Please leave your opinions and criticisms below. Thanks.

*Credit to right_direct for finding the images/webpage, and for finding the documentary of which I speak on Youtube.*

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest right_direct

you should update this thread with the pics videos and the map schematics!use my links if you want in the old thread!

Guest darkjolteon

you should update this thread with the pics videos and the map schematics!use my links if you want in the old thread!

I have posted the links but I dunno how to post the individual images so they are veiwable from the site... If you know how to do something like that then it would be greatly appreciated, this whole thread is now partly yours because of the research you've done :)

Guest Schrödinger

Verrückt = Call of the dead (small facility 935)

Shi no numa = Shangri-la (stead of 115)

Der riese = MP4 area 51? (large base)

Kino der toten = Paris's catacomb? (backup facility)

Guest Talix

Verrückt = Call of the dead (small facility 935)

Shi no numa = Shangri-la (stead of 115)

Der riese = MP4 area 51? (large base)

Kino der toten = Paris's catacomb? (backup facility)

Der Riese = Ascension

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darkjolteon

Nice post, but none of the links work and I'm really interested in possible seeing the video

Ah! Thank you for pointing that out! I will try reposting the links to see if it works this time... If not then I have no idea why they won't work, however, http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14464 will take you to the original thread which has all of the links in this thread, but they work ( I checked :lol: ).

Right, lets try this again...

Website with info:

http://gakuranman.com/urban-exploration%20...%20tacombs-2/

Youtube video of documentary:

7w34KUCvm0

Map of catacombs:

http://exploration.urban.free.fr/cataco ... bs-map.jpg

While I am here, I've realised that some people only look at the Asylum, and hence miss out on some information, especially since this thread is split in two... Anyway, as the General section is used very often I'm going to repaste all of my newly found info here so that all you Asylum lurkers can see everything ;) so, here it is:

I've just found this whilst researching some more:

The mines are now unkempt, unpatrolled and unsafe. As far as legends go, ancient cults and creatures patrol the depths. Spirits dwell in the infinite shadows, and if one wanders deep enough, and survives, they may even encounter Hades itself. As far as reality goes, those legends can take a back seat. The tunnels stretch for close to 600 kilometers throughout the Parisian underground, and most of them are unmapped. Saying it is easy to get lost is an understatement. It is nearly impossible not to get lost. Many parts of the catacombs are hundreds of feet below street level. Some hallways are flooded, or are so narrow you have to crawl through them. There are holes that drop hundreds of feet, and manholes that are unreachable, luring unwary urban explorers in with false promises of freedom. The infinite underground maze absorbs sound, mutes it, making it unlikely you will hear somebody yelling for help, even if they are not far away. Or, worse yet, making it unlikely somebody will hear you. Thousands of human bones litter the tunnels, due to overcrowding in many of Paris’ cemeteries. Weird paintings adorn the walls. Are they ancient? Are they new? Are they warnings? Or pleas for help? If you have claustrophobia, you will want to avoid the mines at all costs. If you don’t have claustrophobia, you probably will after a trip through the mines. Bring plenty of batteries, backup flashlights, clean water, a friend, and say a prayer before entering the mines of Paris. You will need them all.

Even if the Catacombs are nothing to do with zombies (although I still happen to believe that it is a huge possibility) they are massively interesting, and the conspiracies around them are fascinating (sorry for turning into a drooling nerd but that happens :lol: ).

Anyway, the bit that interests me most in the context of possible zombie theories is this bit:

Spirits dwell in the infinite shadows, and if one wanders deep enough, and survives, they may even encounter Hades itself.

With all of the speculation over possible "Satanic" influences in the storyline, could it be possible for Treyarch to include Hades (the Greek God of the Underworld) into the story? There have been theories that Richtofen MAY have made a deal with the Devil in order to aid his conquest to take over the world, but perhaps this is wrong? Perhaps he went to the Catacombs in search of Hades? Of course all of this is just speculation, but the possibilities are endless! Finally, for anyone who knows their Greek Mythology, I leave you with this thought. As you will probably know, Hades had a creature with him that guarded the gates to the underworld, which in this theory is in the depths of the Catacombs. This creature was Cerberus. For those of you who do not know, Cerberus is a giant three-headed dog like creature that is engulfed in flames. Now, consider this, what do we already know about that has similar features to Cerberus? Other than the three heads, the hell hounds sound remarkably like Cerberus, and is it not possible that in Richtofens deal with Hades that Hades gave Richtofen the ability to create such creatures? Does it still seem too farfetched for there to be Satanic involvements in zombies? I think not!

Another thoery posted by blueandproud95 is that the Gateway to Hell could have possibly been opened by the Nazi teleporters.

the gateway to hell may have been created by the nazi telaporters, if they are capable of time travel , who knows what else is possible.

Sorry for the huge wall of text but I keep finding more possibilities and can't help myself :lol:.

Thank you all for your time, leave comments and criticisms below.

Guest darkjolteon

*This post contains information on the Moon Easter Egg. If you do not wish to know about the Easter Egg until you have done it for yourself, then do NOT read on. Thank you.*

Right, so I know people are starting to get a little bored with this theory, and no one seems to be following it, but I'm not giving up as long as there is evidence to help back the theory up. Since the release of moon and the discovery of the Easter Egg, there has been a lot of speculation of whether there will be any more zombie maps, and how it would be possible if Treyarch did decide to make more. So here is the latest part of the theory, primarily to keep the hopes of more zombies alive!

Right, so here goes:

The general consensus about where Treyarch is going next is that there will be no more zombies. I say different. I believe that this is just the beginning of something much much bigger (stand alone zombies game, perhaps?).

So, what makes me think this? Firstly, money. Activison and Treyarch are making so much money from zombies that not carrying on seems plain illogical. Secondly, us, the fans of zombies. Treyarch have always been very loyal to their fan base, and have always listened to us. If we want more zombies, then there is a high possibility they will give us more zombies.

But how can they carry on with the Earth destroyed? This originally occurred to me when I saw the end of the Easter Egg. However, I read a post by Alphasnake explaining that there are in fact plenty of ways that they could carry it on:

Its not ready to die. ;)

The Earth is not destroyed!

Think Scorched Earth & D.U.M.Bs (Deep underground millitary bunkers).

Since Shangri-La was just the entrance to Agartha/Hollow Earth, life will continue on and in the Earth.

I can see this and a Martian Base, maybe a even a mothership type level.

As we know Vril can take us to another galaxy.

Underwater bases as seen in the last level of the main campaign.

The crew can return with the altered Richtofen & Takeo leading the others in the fight against Group935.

This gave me hope once again! (Thank you Alpha :D )

Now, time to link my ramblings back to the thread. If you haven’t yet worked out where I'm going with this, feel free to re-read the post again as it is now a little obvious. If Alpha is correct in his idea of underground military bunkers, surely the Catacombs beneath Paris are the obvious choice for a zombie map? Millions of dead bodies, gateways to hell (or possibly Aether?), many signs pointing to a Paris map (now even more possible since Area 51 and Moon have both been done), and 600km of endless possibilities. My friends, since Moon was released, my belief in this theory has only been strengthened more, and I hope you see my reasoning too. I know we have yet no reason to believe that we will ever see Treyarch create more zombie maps, but I strongly believe that we will see more... I see this theory as hope of more zombie killing heaven, and I sincerely hope it has the same effect on you!

Feel free to leave opinions and criticisms below!

I'm very interested in watching this, that seems pretty creepy. Do they show the video?

I've read about them before, but never thought they were so elaborate, or that there's someone who disappeared down there. Very creepy that no one wants to go down there and check it out, and it's not a bigger story. A gateway to hell....

Guest darkjolteon

I'm very interested in watching this, that seems pretty creepy. Do they show the video?

I've read about them before, but never thought they were so elaborate, or that there's someone who disappeared down there. Very creepy that no one wants to go down there and check it out, and it's not a bigger story. A gateway to hell....

If you watch the documentary (the youtube link at the top of the thread) then it does show SOME of the footage, but only really the interesting part of him dropping the camera and running away... I'm gonna scout around the internet now see if I can find it, and if I can I will post it here for you all.

If you watch the documentary (the youtube link at the top of the thread) then it does show SOME of the footage, but only really the interesting part of him dropping the camera and running away... I'm gonna scout around the internet now see if I can find it, and if I can I will post it here for you all.

The YouTube link you posted doesn't work, however I did find the clip of what you're talking about.

I found it on a show the scariest places on Earth, and it was about a man who went into the Catacombs looking for the lost man. Assuming that the show was legitimate, it was creepy as hell. It showed the guys inside the catacombs stumble upon the area where the lost man was, as evidenced by what was visible in his video.

The video is very disturbing. However, it could have been an elaborate hoax. Since tons of people go into the catacombs, it's possible someone would find that funny.

What really needs to be seen is if somewhere there is the entire video. It was said that after he dropped it, it recorded until it ran out of tape, however, nothing was noted that followed him. You didn't hear any other noises, except him running away, and unless he made a circle he would've had to wait past his camera, for it to run out of tape, then walk the other way past it to get out. Although he could've turned around in there, and so he actually was running out of the catacombs.

Regardless, the amount of bodies down there is disturbing. There are an estimated 6 million bodies down there. Amongst 400 miles of tunnels.

This certainly could be the next map, it would fit the theme, and the catacombs were used by the Nazi's during WWII.

I'll post the links when I get a chance, but a search for "lost man catacombs" on YouTube will bring them up quite easily :)

Guest darkjolteon

At CODXP, the Zombies panel were talking about how they originally didn't plan to have the last map as moon, but it was actually originally going to be in PARIS! :shock:

Now, this could mean one of two things:

1. Because of this we are actually in fact NEVER going to see a Paris map, and all of my theories and research become useless... (Seems kind of likely after the way the Panel slated the idea of a Paris map :()

2. They kept all of the ideas ready, and in fact left it out so that they could, as they said, finish BO zombies with the biggest, most insane map possible, and Paris doesn't seem nearly as awesome as the moon, but with the reserved ideas, will open the next Treyarch epic with the map in Paris, and my life will be complete!

Guest DafT][zOmB 22

oh yea, i heard about this 9 years ago. since the dissapearance of that man (which is documented)

the entrances have been closed but people still sneak in. (watch on youtube) :lol:

but believe it or not, i still think Poveglia Island in Italy is the worse of the worse. worser than the catacombs.

the catacombs was basically a trash bin of all the bones that were tragedly burned to death

when the city was ingulfed, and since back then there wasnt water hose or fire hydrants there wasnt much aid.

Guest Undead xP

Paris was actually hinted at since Der Riese, given the picture of the Effel Tower, and the plank that had "FRA" written on it.

Watch, comes Blops 2, France will be where the first map takes place. ;)

Guest darkjolteon

Paris was actually hinted at since Der Riese, given the picture of the Effel Tower, and the plank that had "FRA" written on it.

Watch, comes Blops 2, France will be where the first map takes place. ;)

I have the same thoughts, with Der Riese's clues, the Zombie Panel saying that Moon was originally supposed to be Paris, and the fact that the British zombie fans would love nothing more than to rip some french zombies apart, it seems very likely Paris will be a map! The BIG question is, at least for me, is whether my theories about WHERE in Paris are correct...

Oh, and for the record, I love you all for keeping faith in me!!!!! :D:D :D

Guest darkjolteon

Just as long as I don't have to face any mime zombies.... *shivers*

Clowns are creepy enough. -_-

Oh God, clown zombies would creep the hell outta me :shock:

But hey, if we do get French zombies, chances are all we'll have to do is make a really loud noise and they'll surrender! That's probably why Treyarch cut it, because i would be too easy :(

Guest MrRoflWaffles

I made a video about all this :twisted:

Gave you credit and added a few things Jolteon :)

Let me know if you approve :P

[youtube:jtspmxxl]z1ijNfufp3s[/youtube:jtspmxxl]

- Waffles

Guest yellow-card8

Just as long as I don't have to face any mime zombies.... *shivers*

Clowns are creepy enough. -_-

Oh God, clown zombies would creep the hell outta me :shock:

But hey, if we do get French zombies, chances are all we'll have to do is make a really loud noise and they'll surrender! That's probably why Treyarch cut it, because i would be too easy :(

:lol: Reminds me of a joke which goes like "what is the french motto ...... I give up" did that to my friends and they said that they gave up and I said "THATS CORRECT !" but mime zombies would be creepy, new zombie boss Mime

And Alpha ...... THAT PICTURE SCARED ME ! I think that face and milo's face are neck to neck :shock: (no offence milo :3)

Regards Yellow-card8

Guest darkjolteon

Wow Milo, that is an awesome video! I've been following you on Youtube for a LONG time now, and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that my favourite Youtuber has done all of that based off my theories :3

And Alpha, that picture made a little bit of wee come out :shock:

Guest MrRoflWaffles

Wow Milo, that is an awesome video! I've been following you on Youtube for a LONG time now, and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that my favourite Youtuber has done all of that based off my theories :3

:D Thanks man! :)

Tried to make it as clear as possible that you were the one who wrote this thread :P

Keep up the good work.

- Waffles

Guest darkjolteon

:D Thanks man! :)

Tried to make it as clear as possible that you were the one who wrote this thread :P

Keep up the good work.

- Waffles

Yeah, I think the "BIG UP DARKJOLTEON" at the start made it pretty clear :P

I also lefty a cheek comment on the video on Youtube ;)