Clarke is the Thief

Guest Anti Earth

Guest Monopoly Mac

For starters, dead people can't grow hair, shave, put different clothes on, etc.

Not to mention get a tan lol.

Guest AlphaSnake

For starters, dead people can't grow hair, shave, put different clothes on, etc.

Not to mention get a tan lol.

You need to look up a zombie called Bub:

49653-bub_day_dead.jpg

This guy shoots, shaves & can make a collect call to 0800-BRAINNNSSS. :lol:

Oh, Hair & finger nails continue to grow even after death... ;)

All of this is true.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Our zombies can't regenerate cells.. if they could, there would be far less wounds on the zombies we know.

On a side note, anti, you are basing your theory primarily on the thiefs appearance, so unless you find some documents stating that the thief is somehow clarke, I'm not buying it.

Guest Monopoly Mac

You can't use zombies from any type of film or movie as an example... There are a crapload of different zombies with different abilities...

Guest nayrc

3, Clarke got shot IN THE BRAIN. As we all know, even zombies need a brain to function. They only last a few seconds without their head, as a last reflex.

zombies don't need a brain to function, this has been pretty much agreed (or at least i agree with it)

Guest Anti Earth

Alpha,

you see what they're doing, yeah?

Making claims like

"Zombies can't grow hair,

can't live without a brain"

It's a freaking brain, you idiots.

The zombies can do whatever the hell Treyarch wants them to do.

You do realize also that,

Teddy Bears can't levitate?

Boxes containing hundreds of guns can't apparate?

Guns can't materialise from chalk outlines?

Using your whole 'Zombies can't do this' argument,

I can reason that Black Ops doesn't even exist

Look at Shangra La.

Zombies CANT be made of Lava, can they?

They can't explode?

They can't shriek loudly (their respiratory system would have long decayed)

(Zombies CAN grow hair.

You CAN make a zombie with a damaged brain.

We all know this)

Guest Anti Earth

Your argument is basically this:

"Unicorns can't do backflips, we all know this"

Guess what.

You're trying to banter facts about fiction.

:facepalm:

Guest nayrc

Clarke is covered in equations - Thief has identical equations

(It was suggested the equations were a re-used texture. Not true, because the Thief has

unique equations on his labcoat, which Clarke is not seen wearing during the campaign.

Thus, it's not a re-use. It's an original - use)

Clarke and the Thief share the same hairline, and hair colour.

Clarke and the Thief have hair in nearly the exact same places, except the Clarke's is trimmed

at the high sides.

(However, this is just a hair style. If you grew Clarke's hair, you get the Thiefs. SPOT on)

Clarke has a mustache and goatee combination. Thief has visible stubble in the exact same spots.

how come when you point out all these it is evidence, but when they have a completely different eye coulor

Treyarch have put in A TONNE of confirming evidence to suggest Clarke is the Thief.

(Go back and read my initial post. There is LOADs and you know it).

Did you ever think that with so much obvious evidence packed it, they shouldn't

need to bother about matching eye colors on a NPC that's nearly always moving,

and people are nearly always running from / after?

I wouldn't have.

That's anal.

(Plus, the eye colours are the same on PS3 / PC.

PC's inconsistant.)

going by this quote half your evidence is null so its your choice,

if the eye coulor doesn't matter cause you he's nearly always moving and people people are nearly always running from / after him them writing on his face shouldn't matter either.

i know I'm being ignorant to evidence if i don't take into account the writing on his face but that is exactly the same as what you are doing with he eye coulor.

so its your choice, does his face matter or not?

Guest Schmuall

Alright, I've only just found this forum and signed up because I respect the effort put into the research behind this topic (even if the debate has gotten a little *heated* at times). On reading the first post I took the OP to be correct and liked the simplicity of his reasoning (it's unlikely to the point of rediculous for a games company to put 2 guys in labcoats with random equations on them in a game without there being a very strong link between the 2) but after reading everyone elses points I've been a lot less decisive (if someone could post a concrete link between the "electrician" game files and the theif that'd make up my mind). Remember, there's something very un-human about the theif (his near invincibility for starters) and there's something very un-zombielike about him too (the fact that he looks in pretty good health) so he's obviously a special case and we can't expect him to obey all the rules we hold as cannon for either group.

I'll keep reading this and welcome more evidence as it comes forth.

Thank you.

All of this is true.

PS this is a myth. What actually happens is the skin dries and contracts making more hair/nail visible when really they remain the same length (Source: My vivisection Professor).

Guest Monopoly Mac

they shouldn't

need to bother about matching eye colors on a NPC that's nearly always moving,

and people are nearly always running from / after?

See your contradicting yourself now. If what you said was true then they also shouldn't have to worry about making his eyes glow either since he is always moving. You can't make somethings important and the other things not important.

Guest AlphaSnake

PS this is a myth. What actually happens is the skin dries and contracts making more hair/nail visible when really they remain the same length (Source: My vivisection Professor).

I stand corrected, Damn you urban legends...

I say we should put a poll up will all the potential candidates for the thief & let CoDz decide this once and for all.

Regards Alpha.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Zombies are dead, but their tissue has been reanimated. They can't regenerate, as technically all their cells are dead, but they are working again due to 115. Because they cannot regenerate, they can't grow hair. They can't live without a brain, simply because they were once human, and that is what controls the body, therefore if there was no brain, the 115 wouldn't be able to make the zombie move. Sure, if it's only partially damaged it can move, but the point is that that blow to the brain wouldn't allow it to function any more. Also, considor the fact that he is more intelligent than most zombie, why is it that he can do that with such a damaged brain? Alot of things in zombies don't make sense, but most of them are gameplay elements, anti. They aren't always supposed to make sense. Also, apparently the shrieker and napalm zombies are mutations, so you can't judge them either.

That might work, although a lot of people don't know who it is, they just feel that they know it isn't Clarke. I'd say we put Clarke, Steiner, Yena, and others I suppose.

Guest nayrc

All of this is true.

I stand corrected, Damn you urban legends...

I say we should put a poll up will all the potential candidates for the thief & let CoDz decide this once and for all.

Regards Alpha.

Guest Edwantsyourhead!

Everybody brought in good points here from both sides, although argueing isent going to solve anything. I might be new here but a theory is a theory and will probably have holes in there somewhere and it is certaintly not anything to fight about. Hell I still think the Thief is a member of Group 935, but probally unlikely.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hayden

I LOVE how the OP can decide what is an isn't important about identifying the Thief as Clarke. And the gameplay mechanics can't be used as excuses for your credibility; if they weren't there, zombies would be extremely boring and lackluster; We can't forget that it IS a videogame afterall. You need to suspend your belief. Let's review:

Against:

-Clarke had brown eyes.

-The Thief has blue eyes.

-Clarke's brain was damaged due to headshot.

-The Thiefs brain functionality seems far more advanced than that of a normal zombie.

-As we can see, regular zombies cannot function without a brain.

-The Thiefs hairstyle is different to Clarkes.

-Clarke would've likely broken ALOT of bones from the impact of the fall due to the height he was dropped from, and he would suffered electrical burns. (And i'm not sure if the regeneration process of corpse-to-zombie repairs bones?)

-The Thief seems extremely able to sprint at a much faster speed than most zombies.

-The Thief has a numbers after image/aura that he emnates, which could lead one to believe that he could've been brainwashed using the same method in Vorkuta?

For:

-They have quite similar appearance.

-If bone regeneration are part of the zombification process, then the fact that his spine would be damaged and The Thief is always hunched could be an explanation.

(Please feel free to add anything i've missed as i've merely skimmed the thread.)

I'm not entirely sure about it myself. Treyarch tend to not include characters from the main campaign in the Zombies campaign (Apart from McNamara and JFK in this instance.), but possibly this could all be just coincidental and the Thief could just be a gameplay mechanic? (As I highly doubt any real light will be shed on this matter because I don't believe we'll be seeing any more of him in the future, unless they surprise us with Moon..)

I'm not here to start an argument, i'm just intrigued by this debate.

Also, something interesting to throw out there, anyone willing to explain the Thiefs invisiblity to all those apart from the one he's chasing? (Or are we pinning that to gameplay mechanic?)

Guest Rissole25

-The Thief has a numbers after image/aura that he emnates, which could lead one to believe that he could've been brainwashed using the same method in Vorkuta?

It's Mason. "The

I'm kidding, kidding. I have an inkling its Harvey Yena, or someone in the backdrop of the zombie storyline or yet to be introduced at least. Nothing to do with anyone from the Campaign.

Hands Off the Merchandise

Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out.

I swear it use to say tech, not thief. If his referred to as a tech, do we know any technicians?

Guest Anti Earth

@ Hayden...

You say this is an interesting argument,

but you seem to totally have ignored the most important points already discussed.

I'll correct them for you.

-Clarke's brain was damaged due to headshot.

Zombies can function without brains. They're fictional, deal with it.

-The Thiefs brain functionality seems far more advanced than that of a normal zombie.

So what is George Romero?

-As we can see, regular zombies cannot function without a brain.

Yes they can. The Thief is CLEARLY a zombie. His eyes glow, and his belt says "Living dead".

-The Thiefs hairstyle is different to Clarkes.

No it's not. They're almost identical. Stubble in Clarke's bearded areas.

-Clarke would've likely broken ALOT of bones from the impact of the fall due to the height he was dropped from...

I KNOW. I MENTIONED this in the OP. Guess you didn't read too well. The Thief is stooped over.

Notice how much emphasis the Campagin showed of Clarke hitting is back on the sign?

... he would have suffered electrical burns.

No he wouldn't. You fail. We saw electricityfrom the sign, no evidence it went through him,

and even if it didn't, definetly not long enough to burn.

-The Thief seems extremely able to sprint at a much faster speed than most zombies.

As does George Romero.

Clarke says "THE NUMBERS" before he dies.

Also mentioned in the OP

For:

-They have quite similar appearance.

-If bone regeneration are part of the zombification process, then the fact that his spine would be damaged and The Thief is always hunched could be an explanation.

(Please feel free to add anything i've missed as i've merely skimmed the thread.)

This is EXACTLY what I said in the OP?

But thanks for recycling the idea.

I'm not entirely sure about it myself. Treyarch tend to not include characters from the main campaign in the Zombies campaign (Apart from McNamara and JFK in this instance.

McNamara and JFKs feature pretty much affirms Clarkes.

It shows that it's not a super important plot element.

It's just a cool reference to the campaign.