Tower of Babel : Storyline

Metro_Jocks

So I have been reading up on the Tower of Babel and have found some interesting parts that could explain the story a bit more. The things in brackets are little clues that might be of significants. Obviously I'm not going to write out the whole story as some of the things are not related.

Ok so a united humanity (our heroes) surviving the great flood (nuke?) migrated from the east (NUKETOWN?) to the land of Shinar, where they proposed to build a city with a tower (the pylon). God then came down and scattered them around earth and confused their language so they could not return to each other.

So this got me thinking that the next step of the EE may be that the four characters are sent to different sections of the map or even different maps altogether and need to get back to each other hence using the navcard. That's just a theory so don't flame please.

Right so that's the main story of the tower. Nothing exciting yet but......

The 1st century Jewish interpretation found in Flavius Josephus explains the construction of the tower as a hubristic act of defiance against God ordered by the arrogant tyrant Nimrod (richtofen). Now Nimrod and Abraham (maxis) were basically arch nemeses. The Bible does not mention any meeting between Nimrod and Abraham, although a confrontation between the two is said to have taken place, according to several Jewish and Islamic traditions. Some stories bring the both together in a cataclysmic collision, seen as a symbol of the confrontation between Good and Evil. A portent in the stars tells Nimrod and his astrologers of the impending birth of Abraham, who would put an end to idolatry. Nimrod therefore orders the killing of all newborn babies. However, Abraham's mother escapes into the fields and gives birth secretly (babies crying heard in cornfield). ( this also fits in with maxis circumcised quote ) According to the account in Genesis, at the age of 75, Abram, obeying God's command, took his wife Sarai, and his household and traveled from Haran to Shechem in Canaan. Abram enters into a covenant with God, signified by the rite of circumcision. Abram is now known as Abraham “father of many nations” ( everybody can hear maxis). However, everyone does agree that Abram's family under the headship of his father, Terach ( treyarch? I just thought this was funny lol). The standard text of the Hebrew Bible places Abraham's birth 1,948 years after the Creation, or 1948 AM (Anno Mundi, "Year of the World") (time on clock?)

According to another mysterious Kabbalistic account, one third of the Tower builders were punished by being transformed into semi-demonic creatures and banished into three parallel dimensions, inhabited now by their descendants (denizens?)

There is also some arabic or hebrew on the power pole at the depot

There is probably more but I can't be stuffed reading anymore lol. Any thoughts and additions would be awesome, if something is wrong please correct. Anyway just thought it was interesting.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic